Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sent several cv/resume.

Sent several cv/resume.

Old Jul 17th 2019, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Chauffeur driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sent several cv/resume.

Yes sent several cv & resume. But nothing just thanks will file your applications for future reference, it might seem that I have to change my career or retrain. Or learn Spanish which would take me past my retirement age πŸ˜‚ being a driver of large trucks HGV is not a lot of help . I think most drivers are owner drivers. So where do you look I have tried
glass door jobs today or do I set up a buisness ?
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sent several cv/resume.

Originally Posted by Chauffeur driver
Yes sent several cv & resume. But nothing just thanks will file your applications for future reference, it might seem that I have to change my career or retrain. Or learn Spanish which would take me past my retirement age πŸ˜‚ being a driver of large trucks HGV is not a lot of help . I think most drivers are owner drivers. So where do you look I have tried
HI Chauffeur driver, throughout your post you don't actually mention what job you are looking for? Is it to be a chauffeur or a lorry driver? Anyway.........the unemployment rate in Spain is still one of the highest in Europe. CV's sent to most public or private companies would most likely end up in the waste bins I'm afraid. Have you got something that extra special to offer that other people, especially native Spanish residents, haven't got? It's not easy to get jobs without being organised with residents paperwork, NIE number etc. Going self employed is a very expensive way to find work which may not be guaranteed. Would you expect a non English speaking Spanish person to get a job that easy in the UK?
Sorry but it might be easier for you to wait for retirement age to come along and then just enjoy the Spanish lifestyle.

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Jul 17th 2019 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yorick is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this a quiz where we have to guess what you want ?
Old Jul 18th 2019, 5:20 am
Just Joined

In your answer. Yes. I am a lorry driver with several qualifications in driver training. And has for speaking Spanish. Yes your probably correct and waiting till I retire with the Uk raising the retirement age yes good old labour and (Gordon brown). What a idiot of a man. Well. I will pursue this. And not give up your fit for nothing retired at nearly 70 all the Uk is a rip of but thanks for your reply. But I always say don’t always believe what you read like a news paper I only believe 2 things. The price and date.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 5:22 am
Just Joined

No its not a quiz. But perhaps. It best I say. HGV driver. Is that answers your quiz question
Old Jul 18th 2019, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Post Re: Sent several cv/resume.

Originally Posted by tebo53
HI Chauffeur driver, throughout your post you don't actually mention what job you are looking for? Is it to be a chauffeur or a lorry driver? Anyway.........the unemployment rate in Spain is still one of the highest in Europe. CV's sent to most public or private companies would most likely end up in the waste bins I'm afraid. Have you got something that extra special to offer that other people, especially native Spanish residents, haven't got? It's not easy to get jobs without being organised with residents paperwork, NIE number etc. Going self employed is a very expensive way to find work which may not be guaranteed. Would you expect a non English speaking Spanish person to get a job that easy in the UK?
Sorry but it might be easier for you to wait for retirement age to come along and then just enjoy the Spanish lifestyle.

Steve
perhaps it would help if you read the post I put errrrrrrrrrrrrr. Driver of large trucks. Am I missing something here , next stop for is specsavers. I think
Old Jul 18th 2019, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

What others have said above is true; sadly, Spain still has a rather high level of unemployment.
Spanish.........start learning it asap; you'd obviously need some knowledge when driving!
Someone recently was asking on this forum if they knew a local transporter to take goods from one place to another. I guess they call it "logistics" thses days. There might be a possibility of your setting up something similar, especially on the various Costas. If you can get hold of a copy of one of the many free newspapers in English, you might see what the market is like. The only one I know of is "Sur in English" whose website is Surinenglish.com, the site for Southern Spain. Latest News . surinenglish.com. Others reading this might be able to suggest what other similar newspapers exist.
Good luck.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

In your answer. Yes. I am a lorry driver with several qualifications in driver training. And has for speaking Spanish. Yes your probably correct and waiting till I retire with the Uk raising the retirement age yes good old labour and (Gordon brown). What a idiot of a man. Well. I will pursue this. And not give up your fit for nothing retired at nearly 70 all the Uk is a rip of but thanks for your reply. But I always say don’t always believe what you read like a news paper I only believe 2 things. The price and date.
All countries are raising the retirement age, so nothing to do with Gordon Brown alone. The Spanish who have worked in Spain all their life will think the same about Spain being rip off. If you drive lorries and want to live in Spain, why don't you get a job in another country. Many Bulgarians also work for German companies but live in Bulgaria when they have time off.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps it would help if you read the post I put errrrrrrrrrrrrr. Driver of large trucks. Am I missing something here , next stop for is specsavers. I think
Yes, you said you were a driver of large trucks but you did not say you were looking for truck work and that is why myself and yorick failed to understand what exactly you were looking for. You need to be specific and ask clear questions on expat forums and you will get quality advice especially from BE members. Sarcasm in your replies is likely to get you overlooked.

Good luck in your quest.

Steve
Old Jul 18th 2019, 9:02 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Many jobs here are not advertised but gained by word of mouth. Although Spanish people send out their CVΒ΄s to companies they are well aware that often it is who you know that is important. I know several HGV drivers who have given up on finding work here and gone to other countries to gain employment.

Good luck.

Rosemary
Old Jul 18th 2019, 6:00 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

There is a company that goes from Tarifa to England; the trailers are loaded onto the ferry by tugs so the lorries do not cross to and from Morroco. This side it is run by an English company that my memory cannot recollect. There may be other companies that need drivers working abroad.

Davexf
Old Jul 19th 2019, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sent several cv/resume.

hi chauffeur. just a thought i expect you,ve had it already. here goes,there must be haulage companys in the uk that just drve between uk and spain .why not ring and talk to someone maybe never know.might help keep on trucking .oh yeah and dreaming ,,, good fortune