Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling Vehicle Remotely ?

Selling Vehicle Remotely ?

Old Nov 5th 2022, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Yorick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling Vehicle Remotely ?

Just advertised a motorcycle in Milanuncios and got a buyer straight away. Cool,

He said he'll pay by bank transfer and have the bike collected. I'm on Lanzarote and he's mainland.

It's a nice bike but there are others for sale in the mainland. Too good to be true ?

I've heard of distance selling scams in the UK, but are they in Spain as well?

Once he pays I could just stop dealing with him. It all sounds a bit too good to be true.

Can a Spanish bank transfer be dragged back by the sender ?

All advice appreciated
Old Nov 5th 2022, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling Vehicle Remotely ?

Originally Posted by Yorick
Just advertised a motorcycle in Milanuncios and got a buyer straight away. Cool,

He said he'll pay by bank transfer and have the bike collected. I'm on Lanzarote and he's mainland.

It's a nice bike but there are others for sale in the mainland. Too good to be true ?

I've heard of distance selling scams in the UK, but are they in Spain as well?

Once he pays I could just stop dealing with him. It all sounds a bit too good to be true.

Can a Spanish bank transfer be dragged back by the sender ?

All advice appreciated
yes a bank transfer can be dragged back and there are car scammers on the internet in Spain
Old Nov 6th 2022, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, This is going to be a scam. I have some knowledge of transactions selling vehicles in the UK. Anyone truly genuine will want to see the vehicle, test drive it and then usually pay by bank transfer, but sometimes cash for lower value transactions. To ensure a payment cannot be clawed back you simply get it paid into a secondary account with a low balance, then as soon as its there transfer it immediately into your primary bank account. Once the cash has left the secondary account it cannot be clawed back because the bank will refuse. Spain will be no different. I have received dozens of idiots offering me the full asking price for vehicles, saying its a bank transfer and the car/ bike will be collected by a courier. Furthermore, they always respond almost as soon as the advert is placed. THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. Please do not be tempted. I suggest you wait until you and the bike are reunited and then sell it. Also Spring is usually a much better time of year to sell a bike.
Old Nov 13th 2022, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Yorick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the help. It looked to good to be true. When I asked for some ID before I gave him my details, he went cold. I sold the bike anyway today