Selling fees

Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future
Default Selling fees

Hi
Thinking of selling our place in spain, the agent said his commission would be 5% this would be approx 25000 euros. is 5% the going rate?
Thanks in advance
Old Jul 31st 2011, 8:57 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling fees

5% is expensive, most are 3% but a few charge as much as 10%. Having said that, most agents are no sale no fee, so their commision should not be your primary concern when choosing an agent.

I would suggest it is worth paying more if you believe the agent will sell your property. Many agents do no more than take a few photos and put an advert in their window. Get recommendations on who is best and why.

I would suggest you avoid signing exclusive deal with one agent. More exposure = better chance of finding a buyer. Good Luck
Old Jul 31st 2011, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

When it came to advertising my house I found most agents incompetent.

However I was in a position with lots of passing traffic and a simple Se Vende €1.50 sign attracted a lot of interest
Old Jul 31st 2011, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of

It depends what they are going to do.

Currently, my OH is buying and the selling agent isn't even providing the Arras and compraventa documentation.

Seems to be that the Brits always use lawyers, which we consider to be a waste of money.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi
Thinking of selling our place in spain, the agent said his commission would be 5% this would be approx 25000 euros. is 5% the going rate?
Thanks in advance
Is there an IVA charge on top of selling agents commission?
Old Jul 31st 2011, 1:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

There was a programme on this a while back. You may well have seen it, so apologies if I am giving out an egg sucking lesson.

It was on expats selling in Spain, and all of the ones shown had basically given their details to the estate agent and left them to get on with it.

Bad mistake. The agents weren't working their property. So, my advice would be, keep an eye on the agent, make a nuisance if necessary, and keep asking about how much exposure, and where, your place is getting.

Keep riding them raw, and the best of luck with it all.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 2:18 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74
Is there an IVA charge on top of selling agents commission?
In theory, yes as this is a fee for a service (so IVA is payable).

In practice ....?