Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling the car using a Gestor

Selling the car using a Gestor

Old Jun 8th 2015, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling the car using a Gestor

we are selling our car using a gestor
I know about having to have a copy of the contrato de compraventa and justificante
Is there anything I, or the gestor must do or obtain to ensure that the car has been properly sold and transferred into the buyer's name, so there are no problems ?
Old Jun 8th 2015, 10:22 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling the car using a Gestor

Hola

There is a tax payable to the Junta for the transfer, then Trafico need paying to change the name

Davexf
Old Jun 9th 2015, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the gestor arranges this? Isn't that the whole point of going to a gestor, to save time and trouble?
I want to know how, after going to the Gestor, the car has actually been registered in the new owners name.
Surely there must be a simple way?

Last edited by Neptuno; Jun 9th 2015 at 8:15 am.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 7:47 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
Is there anything I, or the gestor must do
Hola

You asked what the Gestor must do

Davexf
Old Jun 10th 2015, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I know nothing about the paperwork, but if there is any that you get back then that would be proof ? If you don't trust the gestor then do it yourself only sure way to know it is done.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The whole reason i am using a gestor is because I can't do it myself
I am merely asking what to expect from others who have been through the process.
As we all know not all "experts" do things the same way.
When you walk out of the gestor's office, it is not the end of the story.
Within two weeks The buyer should give the seller a copy of the new permiso de circulacion in his name. This is proof the car has been reregistered in his name.
If for whatever reason he can't because the seller has moved or left the country, i want to know how to get that proof
Old Jun 10th 2015, 8:38 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
The whole reason i am using a gestor is because I can't do it myself
I am merely asking what to expect from others who have been through the process.
As we all know not all "experts" do things the same way.
When you walk out of the gestor's office, it is not the end of the story.
Within two weeks The buyer should give the seller a copy of the new permiso de circulacion in his name. This is proof the car has been reregistered in his name.
If for whatever reason he can't because the seller has moved or left the country, i want to know how to get that proof
I've never heard of this being done so I think the word 'should' is incorrect.

However, I can see that it would give the seller peace of mind.

For me, it's always taken many, many months to get the green permiso from trafico - I kept having to get new, temporary justificante's