Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling a car in Spain

Selling a car in Spain

Old Mar 18th 2022, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling a car in Spain

When selling your car privately is it best to include the cost of the name change in your price and best that I do that through a gestor ?

Am i right in saying it costs around €250 to change the name ?

What do I need to take from the buyer DNI/NIE ?

Thank you all.
Old Mar 18th 2022, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a car in Spain

https://www.guidebookspain.com/guide...ing-a-car.html
Old Mar 18th 2022, 5:20 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
When selling your car privately is it best to include the cost of the name change in your price and best that I do that through a gestor ?

Am i right in saying it costs around €250 to change the name ?

What do I need to take from the buyer DNI/NIE ?

Thank you all.
I would say YES as they may say that they will do it but then not. You would need DNI or passport plus NIE

The price varies by the value of the vehicle - it can be a lot less than that. There are online companies that can quote you before you sell.
Old Mar 18th 2022, 8:09 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried selling to trader? A lot less hassle
Old Mar 18th 2022, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

In Germany I've sold a couple of cars to their equivalent of the following company. Quite how they are in Spain I've no idea, but I got a quite fair price and it as hassle free. Then just used the cash to buy the next one I had my eye on. Just a thought as I can't answer your original question but it might be an option. No harm in asking them for a free quote and I think it's in your area.

https://www.wewillbuyanycar.es/
Old Mar 18th 2022, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Have you tried selling to trader? A lot less hassle
Agree with this and there is a dealer near here who will do all the paperwork if you already have a buyer (he charges a handling fee).
FIL sold his old wreck to another friend of his with the dealer in the middle.

Also if the car you are selling is in goodish nick I know a dealer who is always looking for cars...
Old Mar 18th 2022, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
In Germany I've sold a couple of cars to their equivalent of the following company. Quite how they are in Spain I've no idea, but I got a quite fair price and it as hassle free. Then just used the cash to buy the next one I had my eye on. Just a thought as I can't answer your original question but it might be an option. No harm in asking them for a free quote and I think it's in your area.

https://www.wewillbuyanycar.es/

Those people have a drive in centre in the car park at Carrefour Benidorm..
Always busy.
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

Update: I advertised the car on milanuncios, had plenty of interest, the first guy who called arranged to come and see the car and I told him to make sure he brings his DNI/NIE and driving licence with him.

We went on a test drive in the car, him and his mechanic checked it over and he wanted the car so whilst on the test drive I told him to drive to my gestorías office, took all documents and ID inside and the name change was done there and then for €225.

We both got a contract of compra/venta and the new owner got the certificate to say the cars paperwork was being changed over to him. They dropped me home and off they went. Job done.

I’ve been in Spain for 12 years and that was the first time I have sold a car as I came in a UK plated car all those years ago and then changed to the car I have just sold.

Pretty straight forward really.
Old Mar 23rd 2022, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it worked out well.
I sold my car (Spanish) to another Brit some years ago in the same manner. That too was seamless.