Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

self employment in spain ni issues etc

self employment in spain ni issues etc

Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice
Default self employment in spain ni issues etc

We would be interested in hearing from anyone who is self employed in Spain.

We are self employed in the UK and are considering leaving it that way but we also want to work self employed in spain.

I dont really see the point in paying into the UK system when we wont be using it.

We are very confused and although our uk accountant is great he dosent really know much about overseas affairs.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: self employment in spain ni issues etc

Originally Posted by painterhombre

We are self employed in the UK and are considering leaving it that way but we also want to work self employed in spain.

I dont really see the point in paying into the UK system when we wont be using it.

We are very confused and although our uk accountant is great he dosent really know much about overseas affairs.
It's easy! You speak with a Gestor (I pm'd you a contact last week), they then register you with the authorities, and from day one you are liable for ss contributions of around €240 per month regardless of earnings. You then have to submit your accounts to your gestor every 3 months.
The only bit that I am unsure about is if you are both self employed doing different work. I believe that in that case, you would both have to make the contributions.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Originally Posted by valenciatim
It's easy! You speak with a Gestor (I pm'd you a contact last week), they then register you with the authorities, and from day one you are liable for ss contributions of around €240 per month regardless of earnings. You then have to submit your accounts to your gestor every 3 months.
The only bit that I am unsure about is if you are both self employed doing different work. I believe that in that case, you would both have to make the contributions.
thanks. ( my wife (paintermujer) posted the above! Maybe she should have spoken to me before she did it!!!!

I checked out the gestor online but to be honest we need someone much nearer to where we are going to live but if i get stuck i will call them.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Wouldnt it be more simple to get a book on living and working in Spain from WH Smith or Amazon.co.uk ?

Questions on forums regarding self employment in Spain never ever produce many replies.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

thanks. ( my wife (paintermujer) posted the above! Maybe she should have spoken to me before she did it!!!!

I checked out the gestor online but to be honest we need someone much nearer to where we are going to live but if i get stuck i will call them.
Maybe you could speak to admin and create another account so that we know who we are dealing with?!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Wouldnt it be more simple to get a book on living and working in Spain from WH Smith or Amazon.co.uk ?

Questions on forums regarding self employment in Spain never ever produce many replies.
done that already thanks, plus learnt spanish, plus going over with plenty of funds, plus plus plus plus

dont worry!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe you could speak to admin and create another account so that we know who we are dealing with?!

I agree!

(panterhombre)
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

done that already thanks, plus learnt spanish, plus going over with plenty of funds, plus plus plus plus

dont worry!

I never worry and least of all about an anonymous member of a forum
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I never worry and least of all about an anonymous member of a forum
thanks, love you too!!!!!

and anonymous?
no sorry, we dont go on forums, hide behind usernames and shout abuse at people unlike some do!!!!!

if you really need verification that we are genuine, including our names etc just PM me i would be happy to fill in any gaps

(and yes we have better things to do also, but this site is very helpful in finding info)
Old Jul 5th 2009, 1:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Those books are probably two years behind the lates rules anyway.

Any Gestor he deals with will have the latest info anyway.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:13 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree------ find a Gestor ...BTW the contributions for self-employment is currently 265€ (in round figs). Even if you earn zero.
No matter where you earn your money (like you seem to suggest you want to keep your UK self employment) I think you will have to still pay taxes here...but Fred will know the full answer to that one.
You will have to pay IVA (VAT) on all operations, as unlike the UK there is no lower limit for exemption.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:19 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, "the management" don't like more than one account per IP address - I know from experience!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Unfortunately, "the management" don't like more than one account per IP address - I know from experience!
It's fine if you tell them!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:23 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

It's fine if you tell them!
Actually it's not (again from experience), but this is off topic ...
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:58 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

I often post under my wifes name, but I sign myself JLFS, so that my posts can be identified.
Regards,

JLFS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.