Reload this Page >

Self employed part time?

Self employed part time?

Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:22 pm
doo
Banned

doo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Self employed part time?

If you work full time in Spain for a company, but you have an online business that is part time self employed work; do you have to pay the self employed 250 euros a month fee?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all
Default Re: Self employed part time?

If I had to take an educated guess I'd say no, as it's really the equivalent of NI contributions so it would mean you'd be paying those twice...however, this is Spain so you never know. It may be worth asking someone from the Pay/accountancy dept where you work full time.
This link was posted on another thread(by Domino), there may be something in there that will be of help to you, hopefully...
http://www.advoco.es/hot-topics/43-g...system.html#A2
Old Nov 7th 2012, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future

We have family members here who work full time for seperate companies. They also run their own business on a self employed basis. They have to pay all self employed taxes and the 250 social security payment etc. so yes they do pay twice.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all

Oh well, I think I need to work on my "educated guesswork"
Old Nov 8th 2012, 8:05 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

presumably a 65yo retiree would stil have to register as autonomo to get the IBA number for invoices - but would they have to pay the €260 per month ? ?