Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Second Time Around

Second Time Around

Old Dec 27th 2014, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Deedles is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Second Time Around

Hi everyone...it's been an age since I was last on here asking advice about my move to Spain 5 years ago with my 14 year old twins!
I already had property there and found a British private school and everything seemed to be in place. I had a job etc etc etc.
But as is the case.....it went belly up for unforeseen circumstances( my partner upping and leaving.....for one!)....we struggled for a year. One twin LOVED it....the other didn't......so after sleepless nights.....we returned....fortunately I rented my property out in the UK.
Twins are now successfully in Uni and having a blast in their chosen subjects.....and now I am off again....with my partner who like me adores SPAIN having lived there for years.
Have sold the original Spanish property....broken even there....and we are renting on a beautiful area by the sea in the Costa Blanca.......not millionaires but enough to enjoy life and retirement.....mid January.
So this is just to say......it does work out ....in the end.
Happy New Year everyone!!
Old Dec 27th 2014, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second Time Around

Thanks for the update and glad you are happy
Old Dec 28th 2014, 2:50 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your new partner and have a wonderful 2015
Old Dec 28th 2014, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Deedles is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you guys for you're encouragement and best wishes.....it hasn't been easy.....especially admitting defeat and having to return...plus living back in the UK.
Since my twins leaving mainstream education...I CANNOT AFFORD to live in the UK anymore...it's as simple as that. Apparently I earn too much to get working tax credit....which would've actually fed me!
xx