Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Searching for straw beach umbrellas

Searching for straw beach umbrellas

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Searching for straw beach umbrellas

Can anyone help?? Looking for local suppliers of umbrellas that you see on the beaches here, similar to the ones in picture attached, have asked on local beaches but no luck.
Attached Thumbnails Searching for straw beach umbrellas-755484.jpg  

Last edited by mrsjdr; Jul 22nd 2008 at 9:03 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:10 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Searching for straw beach umbrellas

No my local beach bar has just had his re-bushed I think he also did mae West and Mrs Blair but we are going off track. I think they are rather expensive but they appear to put up with the winds we have here on occasions. I bought 4 umbrellas for around the pool with fiberglass ribs they just bend when they are blown inside out but I would like 4 of these I was only taking about them to Mrs Posh yesterday. The bar owner and wife have just gone for their August getaway but on return I shall enquire. In the meantime I hope someone will be quicker hereon and also give a price.

Stop Press Just found this Spanish Website .................... They look Ideal think I will have 2 to start as they are a little expensive. Piccy below of the actual brolly

http://solocarpas.com/index.php?cPat...2a&language=en

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:55 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Can anyone help?? Looking for local suppliers of umbrellas that you see on the beaches here, similar to the ones in picture attached, have asked on local beaches but no luck.
see then been made but i have to fine out where
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Bit far from you, but there are some for sale at Punta Prima by the water tower. Not sure of the prices though..
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your help, they are expensive but for our communal pool & garden so expense will be shared, will look into it a little further
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Thank you for all your help, they are expensive but for our communal pool & garden so expense will be shared, will look into it a little further
mrs jdr ...

if you come "over the mountain" to mijas, then onto alhaurin el grande, turn right by the tabaconists, then go round the top past brit essentials and freezermor, right along to the "main roundabout" with the cross on, go straight over, to the next roundabout, straight over that to the next one you will see a petrol station on the right, go straight over that roundabout and you will be heading towards cartama.

keep going along the road for say.. 15 minutes, make no turns, just go straight. go over a few speed bumps etc and you will get to a junction. turn right and head thru cartama town, over some more speed bumps. thru some traffic lights, past a bus stop. as you head "down hill" you´ll see the motorway in front of you, with a builders yard on the left. just by the builders yard there there is an old guy there who makes these umbrellas, or he did, last time i went down there.

Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
mrs jdr ...

if you come "over the mountain" to mijas, then onto alhaurin el grande, turn right by the tabaconists, then go round the top past brit essentials and freezermor, right along to the "main roundabout" with the cross on, go straight over, to the next roundabout, straight over that to the next one you will see a petrol station on the right, go straight over that roundabout and you will be heading towards cartama.

keep going along the road for say.. 15 minutes, make no turns, just go straight. go over a few speed bumps etc and you will get to a junction. turn right and head thru cartama town, over some more speed bumps. thru some traffic lights, past a bus stop. as you head "down hill" you´ll see the motorway in front of you, with a builders yard on the left. just by the builders yard there there is an old guy there who makes these umbrellas, or he did, last time i went down there.

Good man I remember him, we used to go past on the way to work about three years ago, maybe worth a drive over there.
Everytime we went to work they added a roundabout. lol
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

I got quite car sick following those directions.

Would it not be possible to make a drawing of the metalwork required and get a local herrero to make a few frames. The shady stuff could be either the rolls of the stuff you can buy at most nurseries or some similar stuff. A good community project and you could save some money sourcing the right herrero.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:59 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

mrs jdr ...

He died last week
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrs jdr ...

Thank you, as jdr said, will go over and take a look
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nige
I got quite car sick following those directions.

Would it not be possible to make a drawing of the metalwork required and get a local herrero to make a few frames. The shady stuff could be either the rolls of the stuff you can buy at most nurseries or some similar stuff. A good community project and you could save some money sourcing the right herrero.

Good idea, we already have two old frames, new project for jdr