Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Scorchio temperatures in Ayamonte ????

Scorchio temperatures in Ayamonte ????

Old Apr 22nd 2020, 3:34 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scorchio temperatures in Ayamonte ????

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I would not cancel at the moment. We have some friends in ME at the moment who have been trapped by the lockdown (not that they are too concerned) , they decided they would like WiFi and contacted Priinet. There was a lot of head scratching and Jorge explained that they were short of kit and bandwidth so they probably wouldn't be able to connect them. Long story short but after a lot of pleading and begging they have now got WiFi - I suspect it was only possible because of the few numbers of visitors. Anyway, Priinet are pushing fibre optic at the moment. A neighbour in M7 is getting connected.
​​​​​​Hi Mike

I am guessing that the whole of ME is now connectable via fibre, if your neighbours are actually getting hooked up. Is that right please?

Do you happen to know the costs, and importantly, if they are doing the monthly switch off deal when away please?

This is what I got on their website "The page you are looking for was removed or might never existed."

Stay safe and well...

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 22nd 2020 at 3:38 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jon
Priinet fibreoptic link below - it says 24.20 for 100mb; 25.90 for 200mb; 29.90 for 300mb in Ayamonte. It says also "non permanancia" which translates as non permanance! but I have no idea what that means.
The fibre optic cables were pulled into ME a couple of years ago - we have one terminated in our comms cabinet - but up until now no-one has offered a service. I enquired at the Orange shop in Ayamonte at the time and they pointed to their standard brochure which was a starting price of around €35 for the first 6 months for an 18month contract. Our neighbour is a permanent resident so hasn't asked about variable tariff.

https://priinet.com/internet/

I have requested more info on their web site about contract terms - it might be an idea if many people asked the same as it would indicate a demand!
Mike

Last edited by MikeJ; Apr 22nd 2020 at 8:53 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 9:39 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jon
Priinet fibreoptic link below - it says 24.20 for 100mb; 25.90 for 200mb; 29.90 for 300mb in Ayamonte. It says also "non permanancia" which translates as non permanance! but I have no idea what that means.
The fibre optic cables were pulled into ME a couple of years ago - we have one terminated in our comms cabinet - but up until now no-one has offered a service. I enquired at the Orange shop in Ayamonte at the time and they pointed to their standard brochure which was a starting price of around €35 for the first 6 months for an 18month contract. Our neighbour is a permanent resident so hasn't asked about variable tariff.

https://priinet.com/internet/

I have requested more info on their web site about contract terms - it might be an idea if many people asked the same as it would indicate a demand!
Mike

Thanks Mike as ever -

I looked at the site and in Spanish it says
Fibra 100Mb
25€/mes
  • Sin límite de descarga
  • Sin permanencia
  • IVA incl
In English (selecting the drop down box at the top right)
Fibra 50Mb
25€/per month
  • Unlimited Download
  • Without permanence
  • VAT included
I think the sin permanence means that you arent committed to a minimum term.

But the set up fee is huge Service registe rate 180€(subject to promotions)

Good idea about contacting them - will do so in a few minutes! Of course I will be asking for the 100MB service! Good deal if they allow the switch off capability and querying the huge set up fee and if they will have promos for it.

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 22nd 2020 at 9:53 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Mike as ever -

I looked at the site and in Spanish it says
Fibra 100Mb
25€/mes
  • Sin límite de descarga
  • Sin permanencia
  • IVA incl
In English (selecting the drop down box at the top right)
Fibra 50Mb
25€/per month
  • Unlimited Download
  • Without permanence
  • VAT included

But the set up fee is huge Service registe rate 180€(subject to promotions)

Good idea about contacting them - will do so in a few minutes! Of course I will be asking for the 100MB service! Good deal if they allow the switch off capability and querying the huge set up fee and if they will have promos for it.

Thanks
Jon
Just had a response from Jorge - pretty quick. It says that the technicicians are working at rolling out fibre in CE but of course are limited by the current situation. He also says that he will be contacting his existing customers to offer a free changeover in due course. No details about contract terms yet.

Mike
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 12:40 pm
BE Positive

Just had a response from Jorge - pretty quick. It says that the technicicians are working at rolling out fibre in CE but of course are limited by the current situation. He also says that he will be contacting his existing customers to offer a free changeover in due course. No details about contract terms yet.

Mike

That's great - thanks Mike...

Its looking good ......at this early stage.....

I hope they keep the switch off option..... but lets see.. who knows what their back end contracts are.

Jon
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Thanks
Jon
Could this mean that the €25/mnth is the introductory offer and will go up
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Could this mean that the €25/mnth is the introductory offer and will go up
Could well be an introductory offer as it is a lot less than other providers. Eg Orange