Scooters

Old Jan 31st 2019, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Malaga davey dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scooters

I want to bring my scooter from the UK to Malaga is it going to be a pain to register here ?
maybe buying local is a better option?
Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2019, 12:53 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scooters

Originally Posted by Malaga davey dave
I want to bring my scooter from the UK to Malaga is it going to be a pain to register here ?
maybe buying local is a better option?
Thanks
I would say buying locally is better and easier
Old Jan 31st 2019, 1:04 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Me too.
If you fancy riding it over, you would be able to use it then trade it for a Spanish registered bike when your UK tax, mot & insurance expires. If you were planning on having it shipped, then it will cost quite a bit and likely not worth the hassle.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

I have seen a local scooter that's 200cc I only have a regular driving licence would it still be possible to register the bike if I bought it on my license and then try to pass the test later on I'm the year.?
I was also told that if you don't drive it to much you don't need local insurance sounds a bit out there but I'll ask anyway.
thanks guys
Old Feb 1st 2019, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Also what is the Spanish equivalent to an MOT
Old Feb 1st 2019, 9:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Driving without insurance, under any circumstances, is now a criminal offence and carries a prison sentence.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 9:17 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malaga davey dave
Also what is the Spanish equivalent to an MOT
ITV
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info guys,
is out possible to buy a 20cc and register it on a regular driving licence or will they make me do a local driving test for motorcycles
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 1:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy what you like, you don't need a licence to buy a motor vehicle, but you need one to insure and drive it.

What licence classes do you have on your current licence and is it a UK or Spanish licence and how long have you had it?
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

I just have a regular british driving licence I've had for over 40years, I've not been into the motorcycles until I came to Spain and the mopeds seem easier to get around with.
200cc is what I would like to get just not sure if they will let me register it on a regular license

Last edited by Malaga davey dave; Feb 2nd 2019 at 1:07 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

On a Spanish car licence you can legally ride a motorçycle/scooter up to 125cc over that then you need the motorcycle classification, also I think you must have held the car licence 3 years? UK licence if not qualified for motorcycle I am not sure about in Spain in the UK it would cover you for moped and provisional for bike.

Last edited by bobd22; Feb 2nd 2019 at 2:36 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 3:14 pm

Provisional licences are not acceptable in Spain.

if the OP wants to ride an over 125cc scooter, the only option is to take a test, either in Spain or the UK. Assuming he meets the 3 year rule the obvious thing to do is buy a 125cc scooter.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Provisional licences are not acceptable in Spain.
I thought that was the case .
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

What cc is your current Scooter???
From what you say what you want and what you are legally entitled to do are two different things. Look on your driving licence, in the UK and it being 40 years old, you are probably covered for a 50cc moped. Anything over 50cc is NOT a moped by definition, it is a motorcycle (even if it is built like a scooter!) The best you can hope for is to be covered for a 125cc PROVISIONALLY, and in the UK to activate that you will have to have done Compulsory basic training. You can buy what you like, you will not be asked for your licence to prove you are entitled to ride it , BUT:

1. Insurers will insist on a copy of your licence to ensure you ARE entitled to ride the bike.
2. Trafico will bury you if you are stopped.

Best advice, stop trying to blindly find ways around it, you can do direct access in the UK and qualify for a full A unlimited cc machine, and as you are now getting into bikes, you can ride what you want. Do not wait to do the test in Spain, it's more difficult than the UK, especially as the examiner cannot speak English and the theory test is in Spanish. Test in the UK, and if you swop to a Spanish licence, the A will get carried over.
If you want to be a motorcyclist, that's the answer.

Last edited by lurchio; Feb 2nd 2019 at 6:33 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by lurchio
What cc is your current Scooter???

The best you can hope for is to be covered for a 125cc PROVISIONALLY, .
No, if you have a UK car licence and have had it for 3 years, you can drive a 125cc scooter/motorcycle fully legally in Spain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.