Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

schools in Ayamonte

schools in Ayamonte

Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Gittins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default schools in Ayamonte

We are thinking of moving to Ayamonte but we were going to rent for a year in case it's not for us but I don't know what to do with my 5 year old regarding schools,I don't know if it's fair for her? The international schools are a bit expensive! Anyone got any advice?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: schools in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by Gittins
We are thinking of moving to Ayamonte but we were going to rent for a year in case it's not for us but I don't know what to do with my 5 year old regarding schools,I don't know if it's fair for her? The international schools are a bit expensive! Anyone got any advice?
Look at the discover Ayamonte website and ask on the forum the moderator has two super children who go to state school in Ayamonte. Also "Sunshine Sue" has children at school in the area you could PM her.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice
Default Re: schools in Ayamonte

Hi,

welcpme to forum,

I would be happy for you to contact me re schooling.
Don't worry, I know that is easy enough to say but your daughter is young enough to settle into Spanish school.

Sue
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: schools in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
Hi,

welcpme to forum,

I would be happy for you to contact me re schooling.
Don't worry, I know that is easy enough to say but your daughter is young enough to settle into Spanish school.

Sue
I will concur with Sue - we moved over here with our son and daughter, then aged 5 and 8. Our son started off in Infantil, while our daughter went to the primary school over the road. Our son believed he would be able to teach all his class mates English, and he wouldn't have a problem communicating We went through quite a few weeks of turmoil as he made himself literally sick with worry every morning before school - but he always came out with a smile on his face, clutching his day's work and telling us all about his day. Three years later, he is fluent in Spanish, loves school, has has lots of friends and is top in his class. Our daughter is equally as happy, and finds explaining her work to us easier in Spanish than in English - Helping them with their homework helps our Spanish too.