Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

School holidays

School holidays

Old Apr 13th 2006, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about
Default School holidays

Hi all,

we are planning to pay a visit to Ikea in Seville on Thursday 20 April to do a big shop. I know how horrendous an experience it is trying to shop in Ikea in England during the school holidays, and was wondering how bad/busy it got in the Seville branch.

Does anyone know if the children in this area will be off school during the period 20-25 April? Also, how busy can it get?

Many thanks,

Karen
Old Apr 13th 2006, 10:15 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School holidays

Originally Posted by billybassett
Hi all,

we are planning to pay a visit to Ikea in Seville on Thursday 20 April to do a big shop. I know how horrendous an experience it is trying to shop in Ikea in England during the school holidays, and was wondering how bad/busy it got in the Seville branch.

Does anyone know if the children in this area will be off school during the period 20-25 April? Also, how busy can it get?

Many thanks,

Karen

according to this
http://www.ustea.org/educacion/calen...ar_encurso.htm
they should be at school!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lynnxa
according to this
http://www.ustea.org/educacion/calen...ar_encurso.htm
they should be at school!
I have been to that branch, mid week in the school holidays and it was still bedlam! I would go as it opens.
Good Luck!!!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by NicCol
I have been to that branch, mid week in the school holidays and it was still bedlam! I would go as it opens.
Good Luck!!!
Thanks for your replies. I must admit that I am dreading the day out at Ikea Seville, but it shouldn't be all that bad if the kids are back at school. The good thing is that were getting the trip out of the way at the beginning of a week long trip to the area, so have a good few days to get over the trauma.

Many thanks again,

Karen
Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billybassett
Thanks for your replies. I must admit that I am dreading the day out at Ikea Seville, but it shouldn't be all that bad if the kids are back at school. The good thing is that were getting the trip out of the way at the beginning of a week long trip to the area, so have a good few days to get over the trauma.

Many thanks again,

Karen
Like as mentioned, go as soon as the shop or bank opens, it is definately the best time.