Reload this Page >

Schengen visa question

Schengen visa question

Old Jul 1st 2015, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Liana12433 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schengen visa question

Hi Guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but just need to be clear here. My wife and step child are citizens of Russia and I am a UK passport holder. I have a job offer in Spain in the Burgos region and want to understand the process my wife has to go through. As I understand she applies for the Schengen visa from the Republic of Georgia where we are legal residents and applies for the 90 day visa and she gets here goes through the registration process as my wife for the temporary residency status which I will already have as being registered for NIE and in the Padron register. Have we missed something here or does this appear to be correct? Or does she need to apply for a different visa, we are intending to emigrate but just need to be clear and also what docs might be needed as here there was a little confusion.
Thanks for your input
NIck
Old Jul 1st 2015, 7:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schengen visa question

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 24th 2015, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Demon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Liana12433
Hi Guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but just need to be clear here. My wife and step child are citizens of Russia and I am a UK passport holder. I have a job offer in Spain in the Burgos region and want to understand the process my wife has to go through. As I understand she applies for the Schengen visa from the Republic of Georgia where we are legal residents and applies for the 90 day visa and she gets here goes through the registration process as my wife for the temporary residency status which I will already have as being registered for NIE and in the Padron register. Have we missed something here or does this appear to be correct? Or does she need to apply for a different visa, we are intending to emigrate but just need to be clear and also what docs might be needed as here there was a little confusion.
Thanks for your input
NIck

Travel documents for non-EU family members
Share on :
Do they a need a visa?
If you are an EU national but you have family members who are not, they can accompany or join you in another EU country.

Your non-EU family members must carry a valid passport at all times and, depending on the country they are from, may also have to show an entry visa at the border.

To avoid problems, contact the consulate or embassy of the country you are travelling to well in advance to find out which documents your non-EU family member will be asked to present at the border.

If you do have difficulties, you can always contact our assistance services.

Visa exemptions
Your non-EU spouse , (grand)children or (grand)parents do not need to get a visa from the country they are travelling to if:

They have a residence permit or visa from another country in the border-free Schengen area (see list below) and the country they are travelling to belongs to that area.
Border-free Schengen area
Austria

Hungary

Norway

Belgium

Iceland

Poland

Czech Republic

Italy

Portugal

Denmark

Latvia

Slovakia

Estonia

Liechtenstein

Slovenia

Finland

Lithuania

Spain

France

Luxembourg

Sweden

Germany

Malta

Switzerland

Greece

Netherlands
Old Jul 25th 2015, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Liana12433 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for that, my wife is a Russian national the Spanish consul is away until the end of this month, she will go and see him upon his return.
There has been some conflicting advice from the schengen visa center in our city which clearly contradicts the info we have read and you have stated. She has our wedding certificate and children's birth certificates translated notarised and legalised. I understand as my wife she does not pay and has to provide travel destinations and to prove funds. I am working and have a contract.
From what you have said depending from what country she is a national from she can present her self at the border with certain documents depending on the advice of the consular officials from Spain or she needs a shengen visa. We will see later this month.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Demon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, that information is from the British Immigration Service website as the UK is NOT part of the Schengen Agreement, I would advise you to call them with all the information you have and they can give you more definitive information and advice.

Do not rely on hearsay information as the rules for different nationalities does vary and being married to a UK a Citizen may make things easier, with children it changes if you have officially adopted them on marriage.

Good Luck, hope all goes well for the family.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 8:00 am
Just Joined

wkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond reputewkddg has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to Spain soon. My wife is Thai, and I am British. To get a 90 day visa for my wife, I had to write a letter informing the embassy that I was exercising my treaty rights to seek work in another European country, and that she would be accompanying me. She got her 90 day visa. We had to book a return ticket for her even though we don't plan on coming back because we couldn't find an airline willing to fly her there one way, and we didn't want problems at the airport.