Schengen visa

Old Oct 20th 2015, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Liana12433 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schengen visa

Hi all,
Just thought I would post my experience, I am a UK citizen living and working in Spain with an NIE number and tax payer etc. . My wife who is a non EU citizen has just got her Schengen visa we are told.
As we understood as a wife of an EU citizen the form was fairly straight forward, wedding cert translated and passport etc and my name and passport copy and the form filled in. This was according to what was on line.
No such luck, they demanded a copy of my contract, a form demanding that I was going to sponsor her, where she was going to live, my salary which was on the contract.
OK they got all this and a visa has been granted via the Dutch embassy, we were told they are more anal about docs but what do they legally need to approve an application this and more or just what it states on the website, just curious here that's all.
Anyone else had a similar run around, as I sent a email saying I was very annoyed about all this run around, British speak for bloody pissed.
Cheers