Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Savers in Cyprus have to chip in for bailout,will it happen in Spain

Savers in Cyprus have to chip in for bailout,will it happen in Spain

Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:02 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Savers in Cyprus have to chip in for bailout,will it happen in Spain

All change - bank account owners with < 100k are to be protected. Whether this is done to Russian or other country pressure?

http://www.eurozone.europa.eu/newsro...prus-18-03-13/
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Pablo the sailor is a jewel in the roughPablo the sailor is a jewel in the roughPablo the sailor is a jewel in the roughPablo the sailor is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Savers in Cyprus have to chip in for bailout,will it happen in Spain

could the cyprus thing encourage savers to invest in property?? seems bricks and mortar could well provide more security as well as a better return than the banks?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:53 am
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I can see a lot of people withdrawing their savings, causing a run on the banks and the banking system collapsing Europe wide.
most people i know OWE the bank money (mortgages /credit cards) if you take your life saving out of the bank what are you going to do with it ???
Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Pablo the sailor is a jewel in the roughPablo the sailor is a jewel in the roughPablo the sailor is a jewel in the roughPablo the sailor is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BAT7311
most people i know OWE the bank money (mortgages /credit cards) if you take your life saving out of the bank what are you going to do with it ???
put it into property??
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:34 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
then I am not "most people", no mortgage, no payments outstanding on credit card, boring really just sitting there every morning counting the shekels over a cup of coffee

Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:36 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo the sailor
put it into property??
oh yes - do you have one for sale ??

you pay tax on it when you buy it and then pay tax on it when you sell it, so the only thing is the bit in the middle - when it loses value.

really sounds like a great plan (not)
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:42 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
oh yes - do you have one for sale ??

you pay tax on it when you buy it and then pay tax on it when you sell it, so the only thing is the bit in the middle - when it loses value.

really sounds like a great plan (not)
Why would you think he has a freehold for sale?

Where did you get that idea from?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I subscribe to a "Spanish word of the day" type e-mail, there's normally the less common words featured, so it's quite interesting. (well for me it is!) Today's offering is "corralito" a word quite common today in articles about Cyprus. This was the full text, complete with some words of advice from the Spanish teacher!

el corralito, s.
frozen bank deposits

Hay un corralito en Chipre.
The bank deposits in Cyprus have been frozen.

It's time to get your money out of Spain as soon as possible!!!
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I subscribe to a "Spanish word of the day" type e-mail,
In the day's shortly before the opening of the Gib Spanish frontier BFBS used to do this on the radio.

Learn a Spanish word a day. The word for today is leche, etc.

Until one day it was The word for today is mañana

The T-shirts were on sale in minutes.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
In the day's shortly before the opening of the Gib Spanish frontier BFBS used to do this on the radio.

Learn a Spanish word a day. The word for today is leche, etc.

Until one day it was The word for today is mañana

The T-shirts were on sale in minutes.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This guy seems to think "Cyprus is not a one-off, but a grisly forerunner."
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...mediterranean/
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

If you think Hannan is scarey, try Ambrose Evans Pritchard

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...-to-haunt-emu/
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by me me
Why would you think he has a freehold for sale?

Where did you get that idea from?
Wow, i did not realize it was a crime after 21 succesful years of one owner freehold ownership to sell your property??
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:06 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo the sailor
Wow, i did not realize it was a crime after 21 succesful years of one owner freehold ownership to sell your property??
Pushing the fact on almost all your posts makes your point of view very biased. Quite right that posters should keep reminding everyone
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Pushing the fact on almost all your posts makes your point of view very biased. Quite right that posters should keep reminding everyone
I have posted correctly in accordance with forum rules a property that we have for sale in the classified section, It is in fact others who decide to remind people that we have a property for sale here on the forum, not me!! Everyone has an opinion, if a poster comes on and asks a question I will certainly give my opinion on that subject based on our own experiences over the past 25 odd years of living in Spain! You consider my opinion to be ¨biased¨?? I have gone through the stages of rent, trespaso and freehold, based on this experience IF someone is looking to set up a business in Spain I will give my views & share that experience with the poster, you are of course entitiled to your own opinion, I almost certainly wont agree with it but I will respect your right to have that opinion..........from here forwards I hope the moderaters will do the right thing & remove any spiteful comments regarding property sales and remind everyone to put them in the correct section!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.