Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

satellite TV media player

satellite TV media player

Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Bigfoot48 will become famous soon enoughBigfoot48 will become famous soon enough
Default satellite TV media player

Hello all,

Has anyone used satellite TV on PC using satellite TV media player advertised on http://www.satellite-tv-player.com.

Is it legal???

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Many thanks

Bigfoot
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:29 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: satellite TV media player

Originally Posted by Bigfoot48
Hello all,

Has anyone used satellite TV on PC using satellite TV media player advertised on http://www.satellite-tv-player.com.

Is it legal???

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Many thanks

Bigfoot
what is wrong with you people.is it legal.if I gave you a bottle of brandy would you say I cant drink that unless its legal
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Bigfoot48 will become famous soon enoughBigfoot48 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by betris
what is wrong with you people.is it legal.if I gave you a bottle of brandy would you say I cant drink that unless its legal
Betris,

Well, I think this is a valid question.

Are these guys operating legaly? I just wonder if there are any people who have tries it and happy with it and OK etc etc
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:41 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

it looks like a standard "streaming" site.
there are many of these available, some charge for the privailge, others you just download the software and start to view..
it looks like it will only broadcast certain sites that are already avaiable for free on the net...
for example, when it says BBC, it may well be BBC World service News but not the main bbc channels...

personally i would AVOID.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

A great number of TV stations all over the world have on-line services and let their viewers watch them on-line. But mainly they are restricted to people using PCs in the same country.

For example BBC and Channel 4 in UK who provide a free on-line service to which I subscribe in the UK. However when I try to access these services from Spain they identify from my IP address that I am not in the UK and won't let me download. I could use a service which will change my Spanish IP address to a UK one and vice versa but it costs money.

The restriction is similar to why Freesat is on Astra 2D, they do not have the rights to show these programs outside of the UK.

If you read the small print on the ad it tells you the software is updated on a regular basis to direct you to where you can watch programmes subject to you meeting the station requirements but they have no responsibilty to you if they are not there.

They may be and probably are legal and you might probably be disappointed. I know I was when I tried to access US sites to watch the latest programme versions, before the UK got them, using similar PC software but this version might be all singing and dancing and do what you hope it will and not what they say it will.

Jim
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:59 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigfoot48
Betris,

Well, I think this is a valid question.

Are these guys operating legaly? I just wonder if there are any people who have tries it and happy with it and OK etc etc
ok look at it this way.if you get all of the tv you need.and as long as your are happy with with what you are paying.and providing stand up cannot provide you with the sat tv or there is no altenative.and you only pay as you go.the legal bit is down to the provider and the supplyer.but go into a few sites and you may get if free,like card sharing.but what ever you do good luck.the reality is its crap with no english tv.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
A great number of TV stations all over the world have on-line services and let their viewers watch them on-line. But mainly they are restricted to people using PCs in the same country.

For example BBC and Channel 4 in UK who provide a free on-line service to which I subscribe in the UK. However when I try to access these services from Spain they identify from my IP address that I am not in the UK and won't let me download. I could use a service which will change my Spanish IP address to a UK one and vice versa but it costs money.

The restriction is similar to why Freesat is on Astra 2D, they do not have the rights to show these programs outside of the UK.

If you read the small print on the ad it tells you the software is updated on a regular basis to direct you to where you can watch programmes subject to you meeting the station requirements but they have no responsibilty to you if they are not there.

They may be and probably are legal and you might probably be disappointed. I know I was when I tried to access US sites to watch the latest programme versions, before the UK got them, using similar PC software but this version might be all singing and dancing and do what you hope it will and not what they say it will.

Jim
you can buy a little box that kids them
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

you can buy a little box that kids them
Hi Betris

Where can I get one?

Jim
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:16 pm
Banned

Hi Betris

Where can I get one?

Jim
when I see my mate I will ask.if its the same thing,I know you can get one that kids the country you are in into your home country for fones.stand up may know what im on about
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:27 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

this companys are been hit by the tv companys to shut them down from cable companys to the decodes companys FA in the uk have gone after few uk iptv companys over soccer copyrights . one the companys are been going to Commercial Court there going after there severs aswell

its waste off money , just used proxy severs from spain and you can watch uk tv and so on
think it cheap way try to advertis the link sould be Deleted
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

So, Freesat is on 2D - so what - I get Freesat OK in southern Spain with no problem.

Where is there a restriction?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fred James
So, Freesat is on 2D - so what - I get Freesat OK in southern Spain with no problem.

Where is there a restriction?
there is no restriction if you can get it you can have it.unless you are by passing the encription codes to get pay channels free.then that is theft.even card share they are arguing about the legalitys
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:16 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone familiar with the slingbox?
Google "slingbox"for a few websites with more info.
Apparently allows you to watch live tv from a friend or relatives house in another country via a PC with a good broadband rate,the only cost being the initial outlay on the box.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Anyone familiar with the slingbox?
Google "slingbox"for a few websites with more info.
Apparently allows you to watch live tv from a friend or relatives house in another country via a PC with a good broadband rate,the only cost being the initial outlay on the box.
has to be a good internet speed.you can control/veiw /listen to the box/sterio or what ever.from your fone or pc.and it streams it to you on the net.so if your box is in uk.you can watch it and control it.they arnt expensive
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:49 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

has to be a good internet speed.you can control/veiw /listen to the box/sterio or what ever.from your fone or pc.and it streams it to you on the net.so if your box is in uk.you can watch it and control it.they arnt expensive
you have to pay for your downloading and uploading on top off your tv subscription , price just buy a dish and box , lot cheaper in the long run

dish i have can pick up 5 satellites that cup 100 channels all free
not bad for sports and so on
just have to know where to look for football and you get it free

jurdy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.