Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Satellite dish information

Satellite dish information

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:13 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Satellite dish information

Below is a website that gives information on the technical details on what LNB skew, Azimuth and Elevation. It gives what programmes you can expect to receive and with what package.
http://www.dishpointer.com/
It is all too technical for us but hopefully some of you can make use of it.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:13 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Satellite dish information

That's a seriously nice site! It's amazing how well Google Earth integrates with it.

My only complaint is that the recommended dish sizes for Astra 28E seem very small!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Yes, great site.

I'm not sure what you mean about the dish sizes, Fred. It actually shows 2D as being outside the footprint. I can get 2A and 2B on an 80cm with plenty of leeway in the alignment but I haven't tried a smaller dish for these satellites.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:11 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I saw that but I would be surprised if you could get 24/7 on a 50cm dish on the CDS on the south beam.

If you put in somewhere on the Costa Blance, Javea for example, it still gives small dishes when it is generally accepted that up there 2.4m is more usual.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

snap is an unknown quantity at this point

The data for pointing angles and LNB skew is correct, but the dish sizes given are so inaccurate as to be useless for spain.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Yes, Fred, I see what you mean. I only checked for the Málaga area!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:53 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see it is of some use.

Regarding Fred’s comments, it does say at the bottom of the listing that Dish sizes are in Beta at the moment. Hopefully it will be updated soon. The only thing we would like to have seen is some sort of printable information set upon the satellite chosen.

Also at the bottom of the listing there is a link to another website, from which the information is gathered. We looked at this second site, we found the first one complicated enough, but this second site is far more technical. It does not mean a great deal to us. The list is very long and you loose the column headers when panning down.