Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

satelite dishes & planning

satelite dishes & planning

Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default satelite dishes & planning

Do you need planning permision to install satelite dishes, like the 2.4 mtr, or does this vary by areas ?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:27 am
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of
Default Re: satelite dishes & planning

Originally Posted by jonsol
Do you need planning permision to install satelite dishes, like the 2.4 mtr, or does this vary by areas ?
Depends where you are going to do it,
you need planning permision to build a house and to build a pool here in Chiclana but nobody bothers getting it.
so as far as fitting a dish no matter how big it is DO IT
Old Oct 1st 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

]
Generally speaking you will not need planning permission to install a dish, as it is considered temporary, it shouldn't take more than about an hour to install, so by the time the you have been denounced, the guardia got the paperwork and come round to stop you it will be all over, and as the value is so low, there will be no point in fining you either!!
But if you live in an apartment and you are gonna put it on the Balcony on the main street, well !!!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone sited theirs away from the house in the garden and run a cable .... does it effect the quality having such a long cable.
I just don't want a huge disc on my roof as you enter my property at roof level
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

My dish is about 80m from my house. The difference in the signal level at the dish and that at the point where the receiver is located is negligible. The cable must be a single run with no joins.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Has anyone sited theirs away from the house in the garden and run a cable .... does it effect the quality having such a long cable.
I just don't want a huge disc on my roof as you enter my property at roof level
Someone I know had sat internet on about a 40 mtr cable and that worked fine.
My sky is on about a 20 mtr cable and works fine.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:35 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Someone I know had sat internet on about a 40 mtr cable and that worked fine.
My sky is on about a 20 mtr cable and works fine.
I miss Sky while I have English TV via Telefoncia its not the same, the interface must have been designed by Bill Gates himself. Got family over here and they are terrified to try and change the channel keep hanging the system. I'm glad I've got English TV but I do miss how easy Sky is to use.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 3:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
I miss Sky while I have English TV via Telefoncia its not the same, the interface must have been designed by Bill Gates himself. Got family over here and they are terrified to try and change the channel keep hanging the system. I'm glad I've got English TV but I do miss how easy Sky is to use.
I've kept my SKY account running, so hopefully all I will have to do is get a new dish and get it set it up ..... until they suss me out of course
Old Oct 1st 2006, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Don't forget that you no longer need a card or even a Sky digibox for BBC, ITV, Film 4, Men and Motors, etc. Unfortunately you still need a dish of at least 1,2m.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I've kept my SKY account running, so hopefully all I will have to do is get a new dish and get it set it up ..... until they suss me out of course

They wont say a thing, there is nearly as many Sky users out of UK as in and they know it
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
They wont say a thing, there is nearly as many Sky users out of UK as in and they know it
PEOPLE MOVING OVER
If you still have a contact address in the uk and switch your account to there then stop your account about 6 months later they call you and give you an offer of half price for 6 months or more good way to get cheap sky
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paddy07

PEOPLE MOVING OVER
If you still have a contact address in the uk and switch your account to there then stop your account about 6 months later they call you and give you an offer of half price for 6 months or more good way to get cheap sky
But you will need to have a Phone line to get the deal,

You should be ok with a cable up to 100Ms, but you need to ensure it is CT100 or equivalent,, most shops(ferreteria's) will sell you standard 50ohm co-axial as satellite cable, and that will be ok for Canal+ (televes) installations over a short distance.
You will need to ensure that you get the right dish size for your area, look at this for info on dish size (NB Astra 2D, which you will need for BBC1 ITV etc)

http://sam-radford.me.uk/astra2d.htm
And for set up info. and installation tips
http://sam-radford.me.uk/