Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are sat navs illegal in Spain. Just read they are.

Are sat navs illegal in Spain. Just read they are.

Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are sat navs illegal in Spain. Just read they are.

Originally Posted by scampicat

What does Homer say? ('Doh!' if you go the wrong way????).
I havent done a real journey yet
I think there are a lot of Woo Hoo's and Doh's though.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I havent done a real journey yet
I think there are a lot of Woo Hoo's and Doh's though.
If you drove round Fuengirola and all the roadworks (why do they do them mid summer ?) you would end up slinging it out the window .lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:09 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
If you drove round Fuengirola and all the roadworks (why do they do them mid summer ?) you would end up slinging it out the window .lol
Poor blokes, they don't wanna get cold mid winter do they?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:20 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Poor blokes, they don't wanna get cold mid winter do they?
Mmmmm, I think they would rather do it in the winter though.
Last year it was the coast road, this year it is the road running parallel behind it and half of the one behind that.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:30 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is Homer Simpsons voice
It also tells me when am exceeding the speed limit, audible alarm
will it say

'doh! - lynnxa doesn't live in a brown building!!!!'
Old Jul 7th 2009, 10:23 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It's a budget thing. What might take just two months in summer, could take four in winter because of the weather.

Moreover, this summer in Andalucia, there will propbably be works in almost every town!!!! Beacuse of the recession and massive unemployment in the construction industry, the Junta has released massive funds to councils on the proviso that it is used for public works that will create jobs for local unemployed people (albeit temporary). What with applying for the funds, deciding what works you want doing and drawing up plans etc, many of these projects have only recently started to get underway. There has been a big debate in our town because they have dug up the centre of town right in our peak period, but the counterargument was that they wanted to get these guys working now as their need is greater than that of the bars and shops.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 10:45 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
It's a budget thing. What might take just two months in summer, could take four in winter because of the weather.

Moreover, this summer in Andalucia, there will propbably be works in almost every town!!!! Beacuse of the recession and massive unemployment in the construction industry, the Junta has released massive funds to councils on the proviso that it is used for public works that will create jobs for local unemployed people (albeit temporary). What with applying for the funds, deciding what works you want doing and drawing up plans etc, many of these projects have only recently started to get underway. There has been a big debate in our town because they have dug up the centre of town right in our peak period, but the counterargument was that they wanted to get these guys working now as their need is greater than that of the bars and shops.
Yes, you are right, they have had a bit of Euro money too, so are spending it quick before snatchback. ;-))
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

I think it is more the second than the first, the first I would say would be contra as it is slower in summer than winter because of the heat, the winter in Spain 'is generally' quite good for working outdoors compared to the summer heat.

Fuengirola have been working on doing up their streets over the last couple of years including replacing the old cable pipes with larger ones along with trying to improve the flow of the underground river that runs below the town, that work process in Fuengirola seems to go through 3 stages 'in my experience of watching various project over the years':

1) Streets are blocked off and dug up.
2) The workers disappear and very little work seems to get done for ages (many weeks and some times months).
3) Then the whole of Fuengirolas work force appears and the work suddenly gets done.

I have watched and always wondered 'along with many others in the town' on the logic behind it proceeding this way.

Last edited by Econ; Jul 7th 2009 at 11:09 am.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:10 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Econ
I think it is more the second than the first, the first I would say would be contra as it is slower in summer than winter because of the heat, the winter in Spain 'is generally' quite good for working outdoors compared to the summer heat.

Fuengirola have been working on doing up their streets over the last couple of years including replacing the old cable pipes with larger ones along with trying to improve the flow of the underground river that runs below the town, that work process in Fuengirola seems to go through 3 stages 'in my experience of watching various project over the years':

1) Streets are blocked off and dug up.
2) The workers disappear and very little work seems to get done for ages (many weeks and some times months).
3) Then the whole of Fuengirolas work force appears and the work suddenly gets done.

I have watched and always wondered 'along with many others in the town' on the logic behind it proceeding this way.
Los Boliches turn off the N340 that comes out near the football ground is a nightmare at the mo. lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Los Boliches turn off the N340 that comes out near the football ground is a nightmare at the mo. lol
Probably a blessing we haven't the normal summer traffic this year. It was hell when they had the roadworks at the other end of the town when they started the LB end, evey get the feeling someone didn't want you to leave Fuengirola
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Econ
Probably a blessing we haven't the normal summer traffic this year. It was hell when they had the roadworks at the other end of the town when they started the LB end, evey get the feeling someone didn't want you to leave Fuengirola
Maybe you have sussed it out. lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
will it say

'doh! - lynnxa doesn't live in a brown building!!!!'
Its Brown, its Brown its bloody brown I tell you!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 5:48 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Its Brown, its Brown its bloody brown I tell you!
nah!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:33 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by lynnxa
nah!!
Well it aint white!
I'll take a picture and do a poll!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:44 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Well it aint white!
I'll take a picture and do a poll!
it was on tele the other day - & it's the peachy side of terracotta

there was a live report on canal nou

apparently the registered office of 'morairaway' is opposite us - on a bit of bare land

http://www.barcelonareporter.com/ind...illa_holidays/

they reported 500,00 euros of fraud

the villa rental place nearby has had a little extra business though from some poor folks who got all the way here to collect their keys

a large dutch family turned up - they'd paid over 3,500 euros up front

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.