sat boxes

Old May 15th 2008, 12:03 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default sat boxes

Any one out there tell me why a sat box will work on one dish and not on another ?
Old May 15th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: sat boxes

Maybe it is on the threshold of working with the good dish but that the one on which it will not work is misshapen or has an LNB with a higher noise figure.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:53 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

What does the higher nose figure mean I dont understand HELP i wanted to watch the TV
Old May 15th 2008, 12:59 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Any one out there tell me why a sat box will work on one dish and not on another ?

There is a satnav man who is a member hereon I am sure he will be along soonest and assist you
Old May 15th 2008, 1:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
There is a satnav man who is a member hereon I am sure he will be along soonest and assist you
Sat & PC guy, if you search him out in the members list you can pm him
Old May 15th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Spanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to behold

Depends on the dish and the box,can you give us any more information?did you bring it from the uk,have you bought it at a boot sale or is it new?etc,.Some boxes are not very good in a weak satellite signal area ie the footprint area that the satellite beams the signal to,this is the case in large areas of the costa del sol,sometimes a bigger dish is needed.Elaborate a little and maybe we can help you sort it out.
regards
John
Old May 15th 2008, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

I go with the difference between dishes and LNBs. I was advised only to invest in a good dish which would not warp at all in the heat here. Channelmaster being one such make. If LNB has failed (mine did in a storm recently) then that is easily replaced for around 20 euros.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:51 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

A bit more info rather than "it will not work" will help -

is it stuck in searching for listings and if so have you tried changing the default transponder to help the box boot up?

Once booted do you get no channels at all or a select few channels?

Are they the same size dish? Makes a big difference for reception!

Does another box work on the same dish?

SATNAV MAN??????? Hmmmmmmm.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:14 pm
this is me

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
A bit more info rather than "it will not work" will help -

is it stuck in searching for listings and if so have you tried changing the default transponder to help the box boot up?

Once booted do you get no channels at all or a select few channels?

Are they the same size dish? Makes a big difference for reception!

Does another box work on the same dish?

OK Cadiz inland thats where we live
1.3 metre dish with correct LNB working with Digi box Sky box.
Other Box amstrad digi box working with a 1.2 mtre dish no problem. But will not work on 1.3 metre dish in the same village.
Why each box works on there own set up but Amstrad box will not work on other dish gets a signal and locks and then unlocks with in 15 seconds ?
thanks I am a woman dont know about these things but I can ask questions on PC and I want to watch Coranatiions Street !!!!! please help
Sharon

Is there anything else that can be wrong ?

Last edited by gallerie9; May 15th 2008 at 2:16 pm.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:15 pm
this is me

Originally Posted by El Capitan
I go with the difference between dishes and LNBs. I was advised only to invest in a good dish which would not warp at all in the heat here. Channelmaster being one such make. If LNB has failed (mine did in a storm recently) then that is easily replaced for around 20 euros.
Where do I get a new LNB for 20 Euros in the Seville area please ? If it is the LNB
Old May 15th 2008, 2:38 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

LNBs sold in BricoMart, Sevilla if you need one.
Old May 15th 2008, 3:07 pm
this is me

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
LNBs sold in BricoMart, Sevilla if you need one.
got one of those in Jerez are they used to get the Sky sat signal.I dont know are they all the same ?
Old May 15th 2008, 5:20 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy

Sorry was just trying to help on the hoof so to speak I know your name now sorry your reputation is untarnished and satnav man is no more
Old May 15th 2008, 6:40 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

OK Cadiz inland thats where we live
1.3 metre dish with correct LNB working with Digi box Sky box.
Other Box amstrad digi box working with a 1.2 mtre dish no problem. But will not work on 1.3 metre dish in the same village.
Why each box works on there own set up but Amstrad box will not work on other dish gets a signal and locks and then unlocks with in 15 seconds ?
thanks I am a woman dont know about these things but I can ask questions on PC and I want to watch Coranatiions Street !!!!! please help
Sharon

Is there anything else that can be wrong ?
Firstly, just to clarify is "Other Box amstrad digi box" a sky box?

Obviously the setup of the dishes and LNBs are not the same.
One dish may have a stronger LNB than the other (an LNB with 0.2 ratio is normally better than a 0.3) and this would affect reception a bit.

I also know that some older amstrads do have trouble booting up...they do not like the signal on the normal default transponder (11778), so have you tried to boot it up on 12129 (services, 401, Select,2,12129,Up,Select)?
When doing this the signal strength and quality will be high and locked. If on the correct Sky satellite you will see the data and time in the top left corner of the screen. When the download on this frequecncy has finshed, the signal strength and quality will lower to its "normal" levels (this normal level is variable during the day!)

Otherwise it is a very long way for me to do a service call.....
Old May 16th 2008, 7:16 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do I get a new LNB for 20 Euros in the Seville area please ? If it is the LNB
Leroy Merlin stock LNBs. Not a huge choice but when a storm damaged my old one, the new one from LM works just fine. They dont work so good when full of water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.