San Sebastian?

Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default San Sebastian?

Hi folks,

I'm planning a holiday and San Sebastian looks lovely on the various websites. Is it a good place to visit? We like places by the sea with nice food.....

Any pointers welcome? Any issues we need to know?

Many thanks in advance!

G.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Cielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant future
Default Re: San Sebastian?

Originally Posted by G586
Hi folks,

I'm planning a holiday and San Sebastian looks lovely on the various websites. Is it a good place to visit? We like places by the sea with nice food.....

Many thanks in advance!

G.
Hi

San Sebastian is truly beautiful! Good holiday choice However, it is a bit pricey compared to some parts of Spain and try and book your accomodation early as it can get very booked up, especially if it´s a Fiesta or other special occasion.

My big tip though is... don´t get it confused with San Sebastian de los Reyes as I did many years ago and booked a hotel online there instead.... my Spanish hubs still teases me mercilessly everytime we drive round the north of Madrid
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cielito Lindo
Hi

San Sebastian is truly beautiful! Good holiday choice However, it is a bit pricey compared to some parts of Spain and try and book your accomodation early as it can get very booked up, especially if it´s a Fiesta or other special occasion.

My big tip though is... don´t get it confused with San Sebastian de los Reyes as I did many years ago and booked a hotel online there instead.... my Spanish hubs still teases me mercilessly everytime we drive round the north of Madrid
thanks!

will do as suggested and try to get something sorted...thanks also for tip on finding it as that is something I would also be prone to doing!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

danjames is on a distinguished road

Well i live in san sebastian great place to visit but not to live1! anyway some great Hotels along the beautiful sea front (La concha) Hotel Londres is a good one or little less exspensive Hotel Niza you can look them up on the internet great food very well known for the food.

This place has an amazing history with all its pollitics etc well worth reading about before you come over this will help you understand the way of life.

bilbao is worth a visit.

hope you enjoy your visit.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Cielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by danjames
Well i live in san sebastian great place to visit but not to live1! anyway some great Hotels along the beautiful sea front (La concha) Hotel Londres is a good one or little less exspensive Hotel Niza you can look them up on the internet great food very well known for the food.

This place has an amazing history with all its pollitics etc well worth reading about before you come over this will help you understand the way of life.

bilbao is worth a visit.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, just reading that post reminded me of a great little place to visit near to San Sebastian (you can tell geography´s not my strong point, can´t you?)... Hondarribia is really quirky and quaint, the buildings are so cute! If I find some pics, I´ll post them up.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Pic of Hondarribia,as promised! The whole town´s like this and it´s right on the sea, unspoilt little fishing village, overlooking France, great food too!
Attached Thumbnails San Sebastian?-hondarribia_etxeak.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: San Sebastian?

Originally Posted by Cielito Lindo
Pic of Hondarribia,as promised! The whole town´s like this and it´s right on the sea, unspoilt little fishing village, overlooking France, great food too!
Reminds me of Honflur (spelling) in Normandy which is a quaint French fishing village.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by G586
Hi folks,

Many thanks in advance!

G.
San Sebastian is beautiful.

If you like fine food you must go to Arzak http://www.arzak.info/ing/home.asp
Definitely one of best dining experiences of my life.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danjames

bilbao is worth a visit.

Thanks!

But I have to ask why not a good place to live?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

t9803013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We stopped over in San Sebastian on the way through to the UK. Had a chance to do some panoramics.

http://www.communitywalk.com/fuengir...30179#00044ZHI

regards
Sanj

You'll need the latest version of FLASH
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:13 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by t9803013
Hi,
We stopped over in San Sebastian on the way through to the UK. Had a chance to do some panoramics.

http://www.communitywalk.com/fuengir...30179#00044ZHI

regards
Sanj

You'll need the latest version of FLASH
Thanks for the good link, some nice pics of Spain on there. ;-))

I will put a link to it in the free beer thread.