Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Salou and Surrounding Areas - Super cheap for a week?

Salou and Surrounding Areas - Super cheap for a week?

Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:00 am
cre
Just Joined

cre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salou and Surrounding Areas - Super cheap for a week?

Good morning, This is my first post here, I have joined up on behalf of my father who is considering a move to Salou in Costa Dorada. We are having a week there so he can make up his mind on whether he'd like to settle there or not. He currently works in education (due to retire) so we are looking at August - I know, the most expensive time of the year, but we are stuck with this. Because he (and I) don't want to break the budget, what is the cheapest possible way to rent an apartment over there for a week? I have checked the major websites and it's looking to be £300-£400 minimum for the week. We can stretch to this but it would be ideal if we could keep it sub-£200 or as close to that as possible. We aren't looking for anything fancy, just a place with a sink, bedroom, kitchen, cooker etc. Am I barking up the wrong tree or is this possible? Thank you for reading Nick
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:18 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salou and Surrounding Areas - Super cheap for a week?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:20 am
cre
Just Joined

Thank you for the warm welcome
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Guy who owns our local pub has an apartment in Salou. Ive messaged him for you and will let you know. he's actually in Salou at the moment though I think, so it may be a short while before he replies on Facebook
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 11:18 am
cre
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Guy who owns our local pub has an apartment in Salou. Ive messaged him for you and will let you know. he's actually in Salou at the moment though I think, so it may be a short while before he replies on Facebook
Wow thank you for your help
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he's sunning himself at a bar in Salou at the moment
The apartment has been rented for 2 years unfortunately but he still has a villa in Cambrils

Holiday Lettings - Vacation Rentals: Condos & Cabin Vacations - Property 1282604
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

It has been described that the Spanish aren't cruel to their animals - just careless. Whatever, I suspect very few get grooming or any sort of care like that. .

Last edited by rspltd; Apr 23rd 2015 at 4:37 pm. Reason: typos
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rspltd
It has been described that the Spanish aren't cruel to their animals - just careless. Whatever, I suspect very few get grooming or any sort of care like that. .
Wrong thread??
Old Apr 25th 2015, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

dypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud ofdypcdiver has much to be proud of

Hi cre I live between Salou and Cambrils just across the road from the Villa Mitzyboy mentioned. Regrettably I have no idea where you might find anywhere cheap in August in this area. I would be looking at a package deal in a hotel.

May I suggest your father check out the Freesia Group - for cancer charities Spain site regarding activities and meetings in the local area, it is primarily a charity but the social aspect of it makes it a good place to start finding friends and local knowledge.