S1's

Old Jul 29th 2013, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default S1's

Good morning we have been here but for three months and Newcastle has issued S1's in that we have moved from France here.

Therefore if you submit the S1's to Denia? do you also please have to register as residents and then expose yourself to the Hacienda?

Finally how does one please get an appointment at Denia and do they then issue temporary SIP's

We are on the pardon have NIE and just trying to fit all the pieces of the jigsaw together.

We live near Javea

Thanks again
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:08 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S1's

Originally Posted by Porth
Good morning we have been here but for three months and Newcastle has issued S1's in that we have moved from France here.

Therefore if you submit the S1's to Denia? do you also please have to register as residents and then expose yourself to the Hacienda?

Finally how does one please get an appointment at Denia and do they then issue temporary SIP's

We are on the pardon have NIE and just trying to fit all the pieces of the jigsaw together.

We live near Javea

Thanks again
If you are here full time now (more than 90 days), then you will need to apply for a 'residencia'. Part of this process will be to show that you have sufficient income and that you have health care in place. The S1's will suffice for health care.

Don't be confused between being resident and being tax resident - they are two different things.

Once you have your 'residencia' you can then visit the SS offices to apply for a SIP card (temporary or not).

After 182 days in Spain (in any one calendar year) you are automatically tax resident and so are required to submit tax returns.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for that now understand. Where does one register for residencia please. We live in Javea

thanks once more
Old Jul 29th 2013, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: S1's

Originally Posted by snikpoh
If you are here full time now (more than 90 days), then you will need to apply for a 'residencia'. Part of this process will be to show that you have sufficient income and that you have health care in place. The S1's will suffice for health care.

Don't be confused between being resident and being tax resident - they are two different things.

Once you have your 'residencia' you can then visit the SS offices to apply for a SIP card (temporary or not).

After 182 days in Spain (in any one calendar year) you are automatically tax resident and so are required to submit tax returns.
If for some reason (as I did) you want to be on the hacienda radar ASAP (5 yrs to benefit from the IHT reductions) then filling in and returning the Modelo 030 to your local tax office does the job. It is the official change of address document and that is just what you have done albeit in a different country.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I am curious to know what if you don't have a sufficient income ?
Old Jul 29th 2013, 6:41 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I am curious to know what if you don't have a sufficient income ?
Then they will not register you on the register of foreigners and in theory you would have to leave Spain but in practice, unless you are an Al-Quaeda member nothing will happen.

However some other bureaucratic processes require that you can prove that you are registered and if you are not that could lead to problems.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

As to income I wonder please if someone could bottom this out for me?

Met and English couple yesterday who said for Residencia off to the Police in Benidorm easy if you take marriage and birth certificates etc. Then proof of income and which has to come from Newcastle and which will confirm one's pension. Then letter from your Spanish bank who will after three months confirm receipt of your pension.

I was confused yesterday and equally confused today but that is not difficult with the sun here and which we did not have in France!

Our pensions be they Govt or private do not go anywhere near either our French or Spanish bank accounts. We simply transfer funds on line when we need them. The gentleman yesterday suggested that you had to demonstrate income of 650 euros per month? I move money from both the UK and France.

It would be helpful if someone please could clarify this position.

thanks again.

I will not become tax resident here and know the rules (hopefully) as to days spent here and watch the calendar. It is better for us to be fiscally resident in France but moving S1's here would mean exposed in France.

Somewhat difficult I think.

Finally I read a story yesterday that the Rolling Stones have tax efficient schemes in say seven countries which deal with ticket sales merchandising tour expenses etc etc and they take accountants and immigration lawyers on tour with them.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is it better that I go to a Gestoria whomever or whatever that may be. Someone has pointed me towards the old town in Javea called the Font or the Pont?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:25 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Is it better that I go to a Gestoria whomever or whatever that may be. Someone has pointed me towards the old town in Javea called the Font or the Pont?
yes there's one called 'the Font' in the town, and there are tons of others

gestores do your paperwork for you - obviously you have to pay them for it

& while my gestor is worth his weight in Gold to me as far as my business is concerned, you really don't need one to register as resident

registering as resident doesn't 'expose you to hacienda' - it's two entirely different things.... & if you're counting days, as long as you can prove your movements if challenged you will be fine

you have to prove income & healthcare provision - you go to Denia early on a Friday to make an appt for the following week - they'll give you the forms & tell you exactly what you need to bring to the appt - there is almost always an English speaker there too - the only thing you would actually be paying a gestor for (& some will charge more than 60€ per person for this) is saving you the trip to make the appt - you have to attend the appt yourself anyway

atm I believe Denia is asking 625€ per month per person into a Spanish bank account as proof of income - they don't care where it comes from

if you want to keep your state healthcare in France then you'll need private healthcare here

simples...
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi and thanks. I do not wish to be pedantic but ahead of arriving here we transferred let us say bulk funds from the UK/France and continue to do so. With all due modesty more than the figure you mentioned and I keep on topping it up so will they need our bank statements as well as French bank statements and English bank statements showing the transfers?

thanks again
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:53 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

What the authorities are trying to say is; if you live in Spain, then you need regular funds - in Spain. So, they have asked to see regular transfers to a Spanish bank to allow you to live here. This is quite a basic requirement as one could obviously live here whilst drawing money from a UK bank via a Spanish ATM - but it is what they want.

If you make random large transfers, then I'm sure this will suffice but it will take longer for you to prove that you have sufficient income.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:09 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks. I do not wish to be pedantic but ahead of arriving here we transferred let us say bulk funds from the UK/France and continue to do so. With all due modesty more than the figure you mentioned and I keep on topping it up so will they need our bank statements as well as French bank statements and English bank statements showing the transfers?

thanks again
they need it into a Spanish bank account - istr that in Denia they will also be happy with a balance of about 6000€ per person - so as long as you have that as a balance then you'll be fine
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Of course having seen that balance you can always transfer it back out again! Yes I know it seems daft but.........