Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Yet Again - New Charges

Ryanair Yet Again - New Charges

Old Mar 31st 2012, 12:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Yet Again - New Charges

On the other hand they shouldn't treat ppl.like a piece of spare baggage to be stowed in its rightful place and stay put without a murmer until despatched from the plane.

Sometimes they seem to forget that it's the punters that keep them in a job and pay their wages.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
On the other hand they shouldn't treat ppl.like a piece of spare baggage to be stowed in its rightful place and stay put without a murmer until despatched from the plane.

Sometimes they seem to forget that it's the punters that keep them in a job and pay their wages.
very true. us the punters pay their wages..if you were in their position

Be nice and polite to them, after all, they are only doing a job.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunmovin

According to the Spanish press, Ryanair is encouraging it's stewardesses to lose weight so they can save fuel!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:19 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunmovin

well there have been times I have thought I may have been working for them instead of them working for me

perhaps someone would like a bespoke customer service course for the passengers ??
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Domino
well there have been times I have thought I may have been working for them instead of them working for me

perhaps someone would like a bespoke customer service course for the passengers ??

equation ( Boening747 = 300 passengers + 8 cabin crew

+ one idiot + 2 selfish gits and a flight attendant with PMS

X a lot of free booze + food you wouldn't feed to a dog) I would give the answer ...... but you can pan probably work it out your self
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

I've always received the same good/bad/indifferent service from budget and non budget staff. Just depends who you get. Same with sitting on airport tarmac. Same with cancellations.

What I have noticed is the difference in airports. I will NEVER fly Heathrow again. It's always chock a block and you rarely arrive when planned. Horrid experience.

I am equidistant Birmingham, Luton, East Mids.

Luton is a laugh with a silly single carriageway access road which clogs up as soon as rush hour starts. East Mids is OK, but for me Brimingham is the best airport, with rail going direct to terminal. That gives me a choice to spain of bmibaby, Monarch or Uncle Mick. I just choose the one that's cheapest.

And I always book seats 1A and 1C. Bargain bucket
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:17 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Nice!

We've just booked flights with ryanair for early may. Its the first time for 5 years we will have flown with them, we bet nothing has changed in cattle class in the intervening years!
Oh yes ... there are some changes...
- The staff are even more bloody ignorant (in my experience)
- and it might be me but Ryanair have the monopoly on waiting on the Stairs at Alicante & Leeds
- The website is more annoying than ever (full of little tricks to confuse or upsell)
- And I hate them even more !!

+ on the Plus side, today I got a full refund already for my cancelled flight on Monday from Leeds - but still £300 out of pocket though as I had to re-book from Doncaster, get from Leeds Bradford by train & taxi, stay the night in an hotel, pay for meals, etc as flight was later on Tuesday..... (and insurance claim !! waste of time with the excess and red-tape ....

... makes you think why bother ?!

seems to me on the whole the 'buying experience' in most industries is marred 9 time out of 10 by deceptive / confusing practises & misleading marketing these days.

moan over!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:26 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
TWith Ryanair I always feel that I am a naughty child who is waiting to be caught trying to smuggle a bag of sweets in to the classroom. All so unnecessary.
... a good analogy!!

This week I flew out with Ryanair (Horrible) and came back Thompsons - the difference - simply amazing - so civilised and considerate. yes they have there rules but the staff have a much more cusotmer focused attitude and I got a seat with pocket in front so I could relax / snooze on the plain withour dropping my water / iPod on the floor and doing a contortionist act trying pick it up from under the seat as you do with Ryan(Unf)air !!

Thompsons had better meals & drinks, hot food served, cleaner cabins, nicer & more comfortable seating and we docked into a gantry walkway (great as it was raining)... and a lot nearer to baggage reclaim.

I guess no-frills is waht they advertise and that's what you get but my Thompson flight was about the same price as the Ryanair one !!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:31 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by Domino
but are chargeable on Ryanair
DON'T TELL O'LEARY OR HE'LL PUT ON THE UPSELL OPTIONS ON HIS WEB SITE !!

Smile = €2.00
Cheery Hello = €3.00
Opt-out of stupid Scratch Cards / overpriced Duty-Free / Smokeless (I look stupid) Cigs / Glossy Magazines
= €250 !!!

Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Oh yes ... there are some changes...
- The staff are even more bloody ignorant (in my experience)
- and it might be me but Ryanair have the monopoly on waiting on the Stairs at Alicante & Leeds
- The website is more annoying than ever (full of little tricks to confuse or upsell)
- And I hate them even more !!

+ on the Plus side, today I got a full refund already for my cancelled flight on Monday from Leeds - but still £300 out of pocket though as I had to re-book from Doncaster, get from Leeds Bradford by train & taxi, stay the night in an hotel, pay for meals, etc as flight was later on Tuesday..... (and insurance claim !! waste of time with the excess and red-tape ....

... makes you think why bother ?!

seems to me on the whole the 'buying experience' in most industries is marred 9 time out of 10 by deceptive / confusing practises & misleading marketing these days.

moan over!
This is why we gave up on them 5 years ago. Cancelled a 6am flight at Doncaster and left us all stranded there. We were lucky and managed to get to the serviceair desk quickly. We were re-booked on to a 8pm flight from Leeds. But had to share a taxi with two other passengers and pay for the transport between airports ourselves a cost of £70. Ryanair get around the euro rules on compensation by cancelling the flight altogether, rather than delaying the flight.

Its interesting to note that by the time we managed to leave Doncaster at 9am heading for Leeds, the ryanair flight that should have been ours at 6am had landed, disembarked its passengers and had taken off for wherever it had been directed to!! This showed us what they really think of their passenger base. Like we said, if it wasn't for the massive saving over this bank holiday we wouldn't have used them ever again.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
If you book a flight from Spain they are going to charge you 6 euros management charge at the end of the booking to encourage you to buy their Passport card.
I'm about to fly Ryanair (girona -bristol) Didn't come across a 6 euro management charge or a Passport Card. What is the Passport card anyway?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
I'm about to fly Ryanair (girona -bristol) Didn't come across a 6 euro management charge or a Passport Card. What is the Passport card anyway?
It's a Ryanair pre-paid cash card available in the Uk to avoid paying Ryanairs credit card charges.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:57 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
It's a Ryanair pre-paid cash card available in the Uk to avoid paying Ryanairs credit card charges.
if they are not charging in Spain how can they charge in the UK ??