Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair v Easyjet

Ryanair v Easyjet

Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Ryanair v Easyjet

We have flown Easyjet to Faro & never bothered with Ryanair to Seville or now Faro
I was thinking of having a change.
Does anyone use both companies & have a preference ?
We book online , hand baggage only travel mid week so I don't think price is a real issue.
Chris
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair v Easyjet

Originally Posted by chrismortley
We have flown Easyjet to Faro & never bothered with Ryanair to Seville or now Faro
I was thinking of having a change.
Does anyone use both companies & have a preference ?
We book online , hand baggage only travel mid week so I don't think price is a real issue.
Chris
I only ever fly with Thomsonfly into Alicante .... whats easyjet like in your opinion as a low cost airline? "That" TV programme put me off
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:01 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I only ever fly with Thomsonfly into Alicante .... whats easyjet like in your opinion as a low cost airline? "That" TV programme put me off
We normally fly Easyjet into Alicante or Valencia and have never had any problems such as delays. Ignore THAT programme it gives a very false impression.

Rosemary
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I have to say,we have never had a problem,famous last words.
We normally book well in advance so we normally get return flights for two for under £ 100.00 including taxes so we don't expect free Champagne & smoked salmon.
When I go golfing we normally travel with BA or Go as it was & I must admit I prefer the extra leg room & reserved seats.
It still seems a mad free for all boarding the Easyjet planes to get seated even whenwe have the benefit of boarding first.
Still you get what you pay for in this world.
I think if they showed everyone traveller on the TV programme laughing & joking the series would have finished years ago.
I work in the industry & they never let the truth get in the way of a true story
Chris
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:45 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We always use easyjet, excellent service every time.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
I have to say,we have never had a problem,famous last words.
We normally book well in advance so we normally get return flights for two for under £ 100.00 including taxes so we don't expect free Champagne & smoked salmon.
When I go golfing we normally travel with BA or Go as it was & I must admit I prefer the extra leg room & reserved seats.
It still seems a mad free for all boarding the Easyjet planes to get seated even whenwe have the benefit of boarding first.
Still you get what you pay for in this world.
I think if they showed everyone traveller on the TV programme laughing & joking the series would have finished years ago.
I work in the industry & they never let the truth get in the way of a true story
Chris
Ha ha... yes, I used to fly from Luton twice a week... and never once saw an angry customer!! I did one time see the Director asking one customer if he could sound a little more irate for the second take

Ironically, the staff in real life aren't always the happy smiley people they are for the cameras either... but that's another story...

Ryanair stiff you for extra charges... such as a £3 fee to use the check-in desks. They both charge for luggage, but most low-cost airlines do these days.

Flying with baggage and/or checking in at the airport is a better experience at Alicante with Easyjet... they always have a load of free desks, Ryanair open up just two and the queues sometimes extend out of the door!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

I use both, sometimes one way with Easyjet and return with Ryanair as it works out cheaper on occasions - mostly use Valencia but sometimes Alicante

Find Easyjet are generally cheaper than Ryanair even if the flights are advertised for 1p and not had any real problems with Easyjet and delays. Bit of a free for all with the seating and now that they board only those travelling with children under 23 months first its a bit of a pain as in theory parents with toddlers/young ones could be sitting apart - unless you pay the extra for priority boarding

cant see the advantage of having the "free seating" arrangement as I personally think it takes people longer to sit down, wandering up and down choosing a seat
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

So far we have tried....
Thomsonfly
Easyjet
Ryanair
Jet2
BMIBaby

Ryanair is a ratrace to board the plane, horrid plastic seats
Easyjet as above but the seating is nicer
Thompson usually are booked seats so no rat rush, your ticket has your seat number
Jet2 again a ratrace, the planes are smaller than the norm so cabin luggage size is much smaller than normal carriers
BMIBaby OK, like Thompson, but they are the only carrier that has so far charged us for being over the hold luggage limit, by 1 kilo in each case, cost us another £12, not even Ryanair has done that so far! if I remember correctly our last flight with Ryanair was 4 kilos over in one case and the other was right on the limit!

The only drawback with Jet2 was the 15kilo hold luggage limit, however everyone else seems to have fallen into line with this limit now, so its the same for all the others.

We are so far booked for this year with Ryanair in March from Doncaster, Ryanair in May from E.Midlands and Jet2 in July from Leeds.

Has to be said that the Jet2 flight has worked out £160 cheaper than even Ryanair and we go for 18 days and not 14 as with Ryanair.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twyntub
Ha ha... yes, I used to fly from Luton twice a week... and never once saw an angry customer!! I did one time see the Director asking one customer if he could sound a little more irate for the second take

Ironically, the staff in real life aren't always the happy smiley people they are for the cameras either... but that's another story...

Ryanair stiff you for extra charges... such as a £3 fee to use the check-in desks. They both charge for luggage, but most low-cost airlines do these days.

Flying with baggage and/or checking in at the airport is a better experience at Alicante with Easyjet... they always have a load of free desks, Ryanair open up just two and the queues sometimes extend out of the door!
How did you get the photo of my mother in law
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

I use both ryan air & Easy jet, Have not had a bad experience with either, so far! Finding Ryan air quite a bit cheaper than easy jet from east midlands at the mo.. Hate the fight to get on/off the planes, don't know why they can't give you a seat number, just as easy I think, as they write a number on your boarding pass anyway..

Last edited by jeanc; Feb 10th 2008 at 2:19 pm. Reason: getting rid of the quote
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Always found Ryanair far cheaper. Liverpool - Seville. I never pay more than £25 each way inclusive of all taxes etc. Obviously it helps if you can be flexible with dates of travel. The last couple of flights I booked were for €00.1 which worked out at around €12 each.
Provided that you have no hold luggage,and check in on line, there are no "hidden extras".
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I have never had problem with Easyjet, use them all the time from Almeria, staff are great, even when we have had to wait for air traffic to give us a slot they have entertained us.
Forget "that" programme, I have never seen anything like, in any case most of the unhappy people on it are so due to their own fault
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
, in any case most of the unhappy people on it are so due to their own fault
Got to agree 100% there
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Always use Easy Jet, never had any problems, always found the staff very friendly and helpful, flying back this afternoon to Spain with them, any problems, watch this space !
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris,

We've used Ryanair for our last 5 visits and I concur with everything that everyone else has said. The aircraft are much gaudier on the inside, the staff are less pleasant and I've been striped up for excess baggage on the return flight twice.

But all in all they work out considerably cheaper and as a tight arse, that is no small consideration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.