Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Old Aug 1st 2013, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Still not really difficult to programme that information into their computer system I would have thought, but wether or not they do I haven't a clue.
It's already programmed into the computer, that's the point, that's the way it works, it's all automatic. There is no dolly bird sat at a desk analysing the figures. The increase in sales when they lower the price is almost immediate, the time taken to bring the sales back up to the target figure is normally very quick. People love a bargain!

Last edited by agoreira; Aug 1st 2013 at 8:51 am.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

It would be good to have a computer programme which would notify you when prices drop for various airlines.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:17 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
It's already programmed into the computer, that's the point, that's the way it works, it's all automatic. There is no dolly bird sat at a desk analysing the figures. The increase in sales when they lower the price is almost immediate, the time taken to bring the sales back up to the target figure is normally very quick. People love a bargain!
They have this nicely wrapped up!
I remember taking a flight from Ireland and arriving quite literally 3minutes late at check in.
I was refused to go through and was offered to be transferred to the flight leaving the following day.
The transfer fee was €5 less than the price of any other ticket I could find for another day.
Coincidence...I think not!

On a side note, though Ryanair clearly doesn´t give a "flying" toss about any of it´s customers, neither does it seem to care about any of it´s staff.
The poor girl at the desk seemed so disenchanted, one might have thought she enjoyed valium with her cornflakes.
I don´t envy those people their jobs. They must take a constant barrage of abuse from the time they start work to the time they finish.
To put your staff under such pressure for your over zelous policies is tantamount to abuse.
I give those desk staff a big thumbs up...I couldn´t do it!
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
On a side note, though Ryanair clearly doesn´t give a "flying" toss about any of it´s customers, neither does it seem to care about any of it´s staff.
The poor girl at the desk seemed so disenchanted, one might have thought she enjoyed valium with her cornflakes.
I don´t envy those people their jobs. They must take a constant barrage of abuse from the time they start work to the time they finish.
To put your staff under such pressure for your over zelous policies is tantamount to abuse.
I give those desk staff a big thumbs up...I couldn´t do it!
Don't know if you saw the RA programme on Panorama,(it's on youtube) but there they speak with pilots, crew etc, and some seem a pretty depressed lot. One of the cabin crew paid £2,000 to train with RA, but still hasn't a contract, (hasn't sold enough sandwiches) lots of the pilots are from agencies, so not a lot of security for them. They flew to "Stockholm" with RA, the airport is over 100k from the city, probably spend as long in the coach as the plane.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:13 am
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

They have this nicely wrapped up!
I remember taking a flight from Ireland and arriving quite literally 3minutes late at check in.
I was refused to go through and was offered to be transferred to the flight leaving the following day.
The transfer fee was €5 less than the price of any other ticket I could find for another day.
Coincidence...I think not!
Beside the fact that Ryanair checks in online now, what level of lateness after check-in closes do you feel should be acceptable to still allow you to board ? 5 mins, 10 mins, half-an-hour, or just wander up to the check-in desk when you are sufficiently disposed to do so ?

Ryanair know the answer to that one. That way they avoid fines for missing their slot, and don't have to burn extra fuel to get them to their destination at the stipulated time.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacontrathinker
Beside the fact that Ryanair checks in online now, what level of lateness after check-in closes do you feel should be acceptable to still allow you to board ? 5 mins, 10 mins, half-an-hour, or just wander up to the check-in desk when you are sufficiently disposed to do so ?

Ryanair know the answer to that one. That way they avoid fines for missing their slot, and don't have to burn extra fuel to get them to their destination at the stipulated time.
5 mins would be acceptable.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:17 am
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
5 mins would be acceptable.
What about the person who arrives quite literally three minutes after extra time ?
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:26 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...have you had too much coffee?

Everyone knows we check in on line but, well done in pointing out the obvious!
There was a problem with doing so hence my late arrival...I won´t bore you with the details.

And yes, as the plane was boarding/leaving considerably later than the check in time, I would have thought 5 minutes was perfectly acceptable.
As for it causing them to miss their slot, burn extra fuel .... seriously, what are you on?
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Don't know if you saw the RA programme on Panorama,(it's on youtube) but there they speak with pilots, crew etc, and some seem a pretty depressed lot. One of the cabin crew paid £2,000 to train with RA, but still hasn't a contract, (hasn't sold enough sandwiches) lots of the pilots are from agencies, so not a lot of security for them. They flew to "Stockholm" with RA, the airport is over 100k from the city, probably spend as long in the coach as the plane.
If you ever read his book he answers all what you say and after reading it you get his business, Stockholm was never about having a jolly in Sweden, it is about getting the Swedes to London cheap, they don't care about the coach trip, they just want to get to London for a price they could not have before,

if your really want to slate them please read his book and you will see such a different picture, rather than what they portray on TV

Last edited by andyrich666; Aug 1st 2013 at 11:45 am. Reason: too rude
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:32 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I think one of the less desirable results of the (rather successful) RyanAir model is that so many other businesses seem to be adopting their own versions of it, and the bar for what is considered decent service and customer relations keeps getting lower and lower.

But at the same time, I'm amongst the first in line to blame ourselves for the success of crap services. After all, we buy the stuff. Without that, they'd go out of business before we ever hear of them.

Still, it's equally cheeky to pay €50 for a flight to wherever and then complain that they are pushy, inflexible, offer poor service, or expensive.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:42 am
Banned

Wow...have you had too much coffee?

Everyone knows we check in on line but, well done in pointing out the obvious!
There was a problem with doing so hence my late arrival...I won´t bore you with the details.

And yes, as the plane was boarding/leaving considerably later than the check in time, I would have thought 5 minutes was perfectly acceptable.
As for it causing them to miss their slot, burn extra fuel .... seriously, what are you on?
No. No. I'm Sorry, but when I used to check-in with Ryanair, I always used to be there at least one hour before the desk closed, and I always used to join the back of a very long queue, so I know most people agree with me about punctuality.

I, and other people, have no sympathy with those who who can't arrange their affairs so that they meet the deadline Ryanair set months beforehand.

There's nothing worse than someone bumbling on to a flight late, hurriedly re-arranging the overhead locker, and mouthing "Sorry, bit of last minute shopping".
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Lateness is something I abhor.

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have been late in my rather long life.

Someone who delays a flight by 5 minutes with say 120 people onboard has wasted a combined figure of 10 hours of their lives, disgraceful.

If you want to waste your own life that is up to you, but you do not have any rights whatsoever of wasting even a second of someone else's.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:53 am
Account Closed

No. No. I'm Sorry, but when I used to check-in with Ryanair, I always used to be there at least one hour before the desk closed, and I always used to join the back of a very long queue, so I know most people agree with me about punctuality.

I, and other people, have no sympathy with those who who can't arrange their affairs so that they meet the deadline Ryanair set months beforehand.

There's nothing worse than someone bumbling on to a flight late, hurriedly re-arranging the overhead locker, and mouthing "Sorry, bit of last minute shopping".
Are you sure that you´ve actually flown with Ryanair?
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Lateness is something I abhor.

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have been late in my rather long life.

Someone who delays a flight by 5 minutes with say 120 people onboard has wasted a combined figure of 10 hours of their lives, disgraceful.

If you want to waste your own life that is up to you, but you do not have any rights whatsoever of wasting even a second of someone else's.
For goodness sake ... a process was delayed by 3 minutes! Not the flight. Not the boarding. Not the take off. Just the walking through security to where all the other passengers were waiting to be called for boarding!
It must be a full moon
Old Aug 1st 2013, 12:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

For goodness sake ... a process was delayed by 3 minutes! Not the flight. Not the boarding. Not the take off. Just the walking through security to where all the other passengers were waiting to be called for boarding!
It must be a full moon
As I said much earlier in the thread I think, its the people who dont stick to the RA rules that are generally the ones that moan about Ryanair all the time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.