Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
If I was charged for a trolley with no refund, I think I'd be taking it home with me.
I could always claim I'd paid for it if challenged.
Unfortunately I'd used it to get from the airport railway station to the baggage drop desk - I don't think it would have fitted within my baggage allowance to take it home!

I haven't bothered with one since, just picked up my free one at Malaga. Will probably only be a matter of time before all the airports catch on, though, these things have a habit of spreading pretty quickly.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Bristol also charges for trolleys, plus side car parks are no longer full of them taking up parking spaces.
EJ now give you a seat no , if you want a particular seat or ensure that you want to sit with others in your party or family you can reserve and pay for one in advance.
You can reserve ( pay ) with RA.
If you do not want to pay with RA you join the queue.
Now don´t get me started on Bristol Airport!!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 12:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Certainly they have a modern fleet, but still have plenty that are 8,9,10 years old.
Considering that there's many major airlines flying worldwide, often over long distances of ocean, using many planes twice that age, I would say that is yet another feather in the Ryanair cap.

As to the fuel shortage claims, in view of all the adverse publicity I have little doubt that the powers that be would have had a very serious look at the situation and taken very positive action had they considered there to be a serious breach of safety regulations.

As I mentioned earlier, little surprise that there is a great deal of green eye and resentment by other airlines, especially in Spain because they themselves haven't the faintest clue how to compete and run an efficient business themselves.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
!
Dont be daft, I'm not trivialising anything, and you know it. I'm making the point that some people seem to believe anything they read in the newspapers. Please .... show me a report indicating that the fuel thing actually happens, and if so is any different to any other budget airline. Please, show me where Ryanair are breaking the fuel requirement rules. I really do want to see something to back all this up that isnt in a newspaper report.
I think you are having problems reading what I'm writing, I've said several times, they have the legal minimum on board, however they are sailing close to the wind, otherwise why would fellow pilots express their concern, why would they need mayday calls. But you probably don't believe the pilots any more than you believe any newspaper report. I'm certainly not gullible enough to believe everything I read in the press is true, but there are too many RA stories around, and too many negative comments in pilot forums to be just scare stories. Enjoy your flight, not everyone shares your positive view of RA!
The German industrial group Siemens, with 400,000 employees worldwide, has decided for a global boycott of Ryanair. But Ryanair has threatened legal action.
Siemens Group Management took the decision after Ryanair suffered a number of accidents and incidents in recent times and is a signal to the entire aviation industry.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 1:04 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are having problems reading what I'm writing, I've said several times, they have the legal minimum on board, however they are sailing close to the wind, otherwise why would fellow pilots express their concern, why would they need mayday calls. But you probably don't believe the pilots any more than you believe any newspaper report. I'm certainly not gullible enough to believe everything I read in the press is true, but there are too many RA stories around, and too many negative comments in pilot forums to be just scare stories. Enjoy your flight, not everyone shares your positive view of RA!
So you know better than the airline safety authorities who set the legal limit.

In this present era of safety consciousness like never before, you are saying that they have set a legal safety limit that allows sailing close to the wind.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 25th 2013 at 1:09 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may be missing the point. There are suspicions in NATs that some airlines declare a fuel mayday for commercial reasons even though they might have plenty of fuel. When Aeroflot operated, if a Mayday was declared they pulled the stops out because it was likely they were low on fuel whereas some Canadian airlines declared a Mayday to get down earlier and save stacking. The solution was to divert them to a nearer airport and suddenly the emergency disappeared because they realised how much the diversion etc would cost them..
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Heh heh, no I think you are having problems understanding what a legal limit is. A legal minimum does not mean a dangerous minimum, it means something laid down by EXPERTS.

Yes, you are quite right there ARE too many RA stories around, because of people like us on forums who think we know more than we do.

Again, give me a link to an official body that confirms that they are carrying dangerously low fuel loads. Other than that, confirm the understanding that a legal minimum is not a dangerous fuel load, it is a minimum set by the safety experts who control airline safety.

Therefore please explain what, in this respect, Ryanair are doing wrong
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:11 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Flying Ryanair is a state of mind.

They encourage you to see them as a bus service – if you’re not there, they leave without you, and now, they are even bringing back bus tickets (A4 sized), which they tear so you can’t use them again. That’s the attitude you should go with if you want to fly with them. Mentally condition yourself beforehand.

Treat the airport like a bus station. Go to the bus shelter allocated to your aircraft and wait there. Don’t go across the road and down three pints in the pub opposite, but also, don’t buy coffee and biscuits in the cafeteria - well, not until they recalibrate all the airport tills.

Treat all problems with outsize hand luggage in the same way as you would have treated the old-fashioned “You are not bringing that fing on ‘ere !”. People think that since they have bought a ticket, they are entitled to put their Welsh dresser in the overhead compartment.

When on board sit down, read the paper, or look out of the window. Don’t go offering the clippie a fiver for her sandwiches. Or her coffee flask. Or her lottery ticket.

Don’t open a half-bottle of wine, pour yourself a gin and tonic, or open the sandwiches. If you did that on the full, top deck of the 95 bus to Oldham, the other passengers would be circling their temples with their forefingers and mouthing “bus looney” to each other.

When the plane pulls up at your stop – get off.

That’s it.

Far too many people go thinking they are boarding the B.O.A.C. Silver Salver “Empress” Flying-boat Service to Nairobi. With starched napkins. For €45. Return.

And they are disappointed.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacontrathinker
Flying Ryanair is a state of mind.

They encourage you to see them as a bus service – if you’re not there, they leave without you, and now, they are even bringing back bus tickets (A4 sized), which they tear so you can’t use them again. That’s the attitude you should go with if you want to fly with them. Mentally condition yourself beforehand.

Treat the airport like a bus station. Go to the bus shelter allocated to your aircraft and wait there. Don’t go across the road and down three pints in the pub opposite, but also, don’t buy coffee and biscuits in the cafeteria - well, not until they recalibrate all the airport tills.

Treat all problems with outsize hand luggage in the same way as you would have treated the old-fashioned “You are not bringing that fing on ‘ere !”. People think that since they have bought a ticket, they are entitled to put their Welsh dresser in the overhead compartment.

When on board sit down, read the paper, or look out of the window. Don’t go offering the clippie a fiver for her sandwiches. Or her coffee flask. Or her lottery ticket.

Don’t open a half-bottle of wine, pour yourself a gin and tonic, or open the sandwiches. If you did that on the full, top deck of the 95 bus to Oldham, the other passengers would be circling their temples with their forefingers and mouthing “bus looney” to each other.

When the plane pulls up at your stop – get off.

That’s it.

Far too many people go thinking they are boarding the B.O.A.C. Silver Salver “Empress” Flying-boat Service to Nairobi. With starched napkins. For €45. Return.

And they are disappointed.
Excellent ..... thank you!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:35 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by rspltd
I think you may be missing the point. There are suspicions in NATs that some airlines declare a fuel mayday for commercial reasons even though they might have plenty of fuel. When Aeroflot operated, if a Mayday was declared they pulled the stops out because it was likely they were low on fuel whereas some Canadian airlines declared a Mayday to get down earlier and save stacking. The solution was to divert them to a nearer airport and suddenly the emergency disappeared because they realised how much the diversion etc would cost them..
Precisely, a point I mentioned in a previous discussion.

Amazing how the sudden spate of Mayday calls stopped just as quickly as they had begun.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

The incentives offered to Ryanair are insignificant in comparison with the money that has been wasted on building 47 airports in Spain. Subsidies are only paid whilst Ryanair keeps flying the route whereas the debt on infrastructure will be around forever.

As for flying with low fuel, Ryanair would hadly be allowed to operate in countries like Germany, France and the UK if this were the case. Spain was alone with its claims and they soon evaporated. I suspect they had more to do with bitterness at Iberia´s job cuts and giving Vueling a helping hand on its relaunch.

I would be delighted to see Michael O Leary running Spain.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:06 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by guirijohn
The incentives offered to Ryanair are insignificant in comparison with the money that has been wasted on building 47 airports in Spain. Subsidies are only paid whilst Ryanair keeps flying the route whereas the debt on infrastructure will be around forever.

As for flying with low fuel, Ryanair would hadly be allowed to operate in countries like Germany, France and the UK if this were the case. Spain was alone with its claims and they soon evaporated. I suspect they had more to do with bitterness at Iberia´s job cuts and giving Vueling a helping hand on its relaunch.

I would be delighted to see Michael O Leary running Spain.
Now there's a positive thought.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
So you know better than the airline safety authorities who set the legal limit.

In this present era of safety consciousness like never before, you are saying that they have set a legal safety limit that allows sailing close to the wind.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cut-costs.html

Try this
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

love it (like I do) or loathe it, I bought this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-OLea.../dp/1844880567

Its a great read either way, I would recommend it, I have taken some of there practices to improve my own business, I don't think even in this climate Ryanair would compromise of safety, any complaints about being treated like cattle I think is more down to the Airport than the Airline, from my experience.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say we only fly ryanair when absolutely forced to do so.

Jet2 is our preferred carrier, no scrums for seats, they are allocated, and to date in 8 years they have only been more expensive than ryanair on a handful of occasions!

Worst thing about ryanair after the scrummage to board? The hen and stag parties who seem to think the hangover should be aquired in the airport, continued to expand on the plane and remain in place until the flight back!

Last time we used them it was a thursday morning thinking we'd miss the rabble, nope a cat in hells chance. A hen - stag party now is not just a weekend but starts midweek and lasts 5 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.