Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Changes

Ryanair Changes

Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Changes

This guy sucks!
Mr O´Leary "I want my customers to love me the way I love them"

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...d-8920641.html

Are those the same customers he used to call stupid and ignorant, and treat them as such, time and again? Talk about cringey!
Well mud on his face.Wriggle out of this one O´Leary ... if it´s not too late!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
This guy sucks!

Are those the same customers he used to call stupid and ignorant, and treat them as such, time and again? Talk about cringey!
He was on the news stating that it is just the website that is the problem and his customers have wonderful customer service.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
He was on the news stating that it is just the website that is the problem and his customers have wonderful customer service.
Speechless ...
Old Nov 6th 2013, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

This guy sucks!

I wrote some time ago the old line about being nice to people on the way up, you might meet them on the way down, so nice to see MOL squirming! I did hear this years profits are expected to be down due to "increased competition" the competition is the same, it's just that finally the punters have had enough of his constant belittling and voting with their feet where possible and opted for another airline. Keep smiling, Mick!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 12:04 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I find it hard to believe that so many folk still take O'Leary's public utterings so seriously.

The Guy is a master of mind games and has most of the public hanging onto his every word like puppets on a piece of string.

Ok he pushed things a little too far, but he knows how to play the game and he knows full well how to continue being highly competitive and on a larger scale than anyone else.

While I was tracking my friends flight a couple of nights ago on flightradar24, I began clicking on various aircraft to see who they were and where they were heading.
It seemed like almost every second flight over Europe was coming up as RA.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I find it hard to believe that so many folk still take O'Leary's public utterings so seriously.

The Guy is a master of mind games and has most of the public hanging onto his every word like puppets on a piece of string.

Ok he pushed things a little too far, but he knows how to play the game and he knows full well how to continue being highly competitive and on a larger scale than anyone else.

While I was tracking my friends flight a couple of nights ago on flightradar24, I began clicking on various aircraft to see who they were and where they were heading.
It seemed like almost every second flight over Europe was coming up as RA.
So you don´t mind being called a prick then DD???
Old Nov 6th 2013, 12:24 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

So you don´t mind being called a prick then DD???
If I thought for one minute he was serious I might take offence, but as I said he's simply been playing mind games and maybe pushed it a little too far.

He's been dishing up all sorts of nonsense for public consumption for as long as I can remember, no doubt on the basis that all publicity is good publicity.

Until the recent minor blip it's never done him any harm at all and as much as folk despise him personally and cuss him in return, they will still as ever continue to look for the cheapest flights regardless.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of back pedalling going on. Allocated seating, a more flexible baggage allowance, the curbing of in-flight sales announcements and lighter penalties for reissuing boarding passes. MOL said the move to allocated seating was primarily prompted by the new policy of listening to customers. That's a first, listening to customers, perhaps he's learning. I liked the comment from some wag, "I'm glad so many don't mind being treated like sh1t, it forces the better airlines to keep their prices down"

Ryanair is paying the price for its unpleasant customer experience
Two profit warnings have prompted Michael O'Leary to introduce allocated seating and revamp the website
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by agoreira
Lots of back pedalling going on. Allocated seating, a more flexible baggage allowance, the curbing of in-flight sales announcements and lighter penalties for reissuing boarding passes. MOL said the move to allocated seating was primarily prompted by the new policy of listening to customers. That's a first, listening to customers, perhaps he's learning. I liked the comment from some wag, "I'm glad so many don't mind being treated like sh1t, it forces the better airlines to keep their prices down"
That´s exactly right! There is no need to treat paople like they´re idiots. Even when they are! And there is certainly no need to treat your customers like idiots, and then laugh in their faces about it because you think you can. O´Leary is a despicable man and poor example of a human being!
Honest as the day is long, I can´t stand him. I hope all of his arrogance and ignorance bite him in his only sensitive area, his wallet! I wouldn´t lose sleep to see him broke!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Allocated seating might not be the godsend some of us are expecting. I take the term 'allocated seating' to mean FR will tell you your seat number at check-in. The OH and I like aisle seats side by side and invariably manage that using priority boarding so it will be interesting to see how the new system will work.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
Allocated seating might not be the godsend some of us are expecting. I take the term 'allocated seating' to mean FR will tell you your seat number at check-in. The OH and I like aisle seats side by side and invariably manage that using priority boarding so it will be interesting to see how the new system will work.
No, you can pay £10 I think to sit near the front, (seemingly the most popular) £5 to choose a seat elsewhere, otherwise they'll seat you where you want. This is RA, you didn't think it was a free choice, did you!
Edit. Just found it.
"Choosing those seats or exit rows will cost £10, or passengers can choose any other seat for £5 – otherwise they will be allocated a seat without charge"

Last edited by agoreira; Nov 6th 2013 at 1:40 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

...you didn't think it was a free choice, did you!
No, that's why I said: I take the term 'allocated seating' to mean FR will tell you your seat number at check-in.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
No, that's why I said: I take the term 'allocated seating' to mean FR will tell you your seat number at check-in.
But you can pay extra for particular seats. I amended the prices. I have flown twice this year with Vueling, and apart from the front row, you can choose to sit where you like for free. You get a seating plan and simply click on the seats you want, subject to what's available at the time. We booked well in advance and had a choice of all of the seats. You can also change your seats for free.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

But you can pay extra for particular seats. I amended the prices. I have flown twice this year with Vueling, and apart from the front row, you can choose to sit where you like for free. You get a seating plan and simply click on the seats you want, subject to what's available at the time. We booked well in advance and had a choice of all of the seats. You can also change your seats for free.
You mean they´ve finally introduced the toilet charge!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, we travelled Air Berlin in the summer and their system was similar. I did read that FR will roll out boarding passes direct to smartphones. I have used this system on AB and it is OK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.