Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair boarding card

Ryanair boarding card

Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair boarding card

I was returning to the UK mid August and needed to print my boarding card. Showing off my new Spanish skills I did this on the Spanish web site, only to find that it printed out on two pages. Try as I might, and with the help of several locals, I could not reduce it to one. This is of course strictly in contravention of the RA rules. In desperation I went on to the English site and "Hey Presto" one page only. Has anybody had this problem and more to the point, what do the Spanish do?
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair boarding card

Only happened once when I did it for a friend, I saved as a PDF and it printed on one page, don´t know how, but worked !!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
I was returning to the UK mid August and needed to print my boarding card. Showing off my new Spanish skills I did this on the Spanish web site, only to find that it printed out on two pages. Try as I might, and with the help of several locals, I could not reduce it to one. This is of course strictly in contravention of the RA rules. In desperation I went on to the English site and "Hey Presto" one page only. Has anybody had this problem and more to the point, what do the Spanish do?
Yes it happened to us once but nobody said anything at check in or at the gate. But I suppose they'll be coming down on it now if they can.
I have noticed that several airports now are putting notices up in the shops to say it's illegal for aeroplane staff (Ryanair) to deny you taking shopping on board.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Yes it happened to us once but nobody said anything at check in or at the gate. But I suppose they'll be coming down on it now if they can.
I have noticed that several airports now are putting notices up in the shops to say it's illegal for aeroplane staff (Ryanair) to deny you taking shopping on board.
I didn't think that any airlines denied you taking shopping on board.
In my experience they just insist that your shopping fits into your hand luggage, if not then you have to stow it in the hold.
Are you suggesting that they can no longer limit the amount you take on board?
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:32 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
In my experience they just insist that your shopping fits into your hand luggage, if not then you have to stow it in the hold.
Back in April I took advantage of a WH Smith offer of buy one get one half price down in the main concourse. When I arrived at the checkin was turned away as I was carrying the two books - had to be in my already overflowing cabin bag.
Luckily there was another WHS shop nearby that agreed to take the books back for full refund - lady there indicated that most of her transactions were refunds of stuff bought in the main concourse.

but the heavier the plane the more fuel it uses - and we know that Irish calculators aren't quite the same as the rest of the world.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:37 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back to boarding cards.......
Some of you may remember the fiasco early this year where all Ryanair passengers were jumped on by certain staff and had their bags weighed before reaching the gate. Also faced demands to put stuff bought in shops into their cabin bags or pay £50 for extra baggage.

Well at that time they were confiscating the passengers boarding cards until such time as they met the size and weight rules.
Is that allowable under whatever rules the cards are issued ??
Old Sep 28th 2012, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Really looking forward to flying with them on Wednesday to Barcelona. Will take our passports but do we really need to with an internal flight?
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Really looking forward to flying with them on Wednesday to Barcelona. Will take our passports but do we really need to with an internal flight?
I'm pretty sure you do (we always do). Spanish citizens could just use their ID card instead, of course. Your hotel will want to see them for registration purposes, as well.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I'm pretty sure you do (we always do). Spanish citizens could just use their ID card instead, of course. Your hotel will want to see them for registration purposes, as well.
Good point Lynn. Also saw that they won´t accept a Police report of a stolen passport. When we were in Madrid a few years ago my bag was stolen with everything in it. We got a police report at Madrid airport and were allowed to fly back with Vueling.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
What they do is tell you that absolutely everything has to be put in your one piece of hand luggage. That's your clothing, handbag, camera and any "duty frees" that you buy. So bearing in mind the hand luggage size is small and a normal handbag can take a big part of it, its no wonder that no one can take purchases on board.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

First time flying with RA soon am dreading it, I so know the EJ systems and way of doing things knowing how well they try to deal with passengers, have flown with them many times never with any problems. Will therefore be wearing most of my clothes on my back on the return journey, lots of layers, Thanks for the warnings.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Just check that everything is as per their instructions, cabin baggage size, weight ( less than 10kg.), boarding card(s) printed as per instructionse.t.c and all will be fine...... until you get on the plane. They bombard you with sales, magazines, plastic cigarettes, hot food, cold food,scratch cards, and so one. Enjoy!
Pete