British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Ryanair Bargain ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/ryanair-bargain-394685/)

Mourinho Sep 4th 2006 9:56 pm

Ryanair Bargain ?

Ryanair latest discount offer out , looking ahead to february half term , i don't know if kids holidays are the same all over the country but looks if ryanair have gone with half term a week too early , between 18/02 and 27/02 plenty of bargain prices whereas the week before much more expensive , i have half term down as 17/02 to 25/02 and therefore have filled my boots accordingly , might be of interest to others ?

yanH Sep 5th 2006 8:50 am

Re: Ryanair Bargain ?

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Ryanair latest discount offer out , looking ahead to february half term , i don't know if kids holidays are the same all over the country but looks if ryanair have gone with half term a week too early , between 18/02 and 27/02 plenty of bargain prices whereas the week before much more expensive , i have half term down as 17/02 to 25/02 and therefore have filled my boots accordingly , might be of interest to others ?

I think half terms do vary around the country. We live on the South Coast of England and our kids half term is often different from those of relatives who live in Wales. They have probably just gone for what they think will be the busiest week. Good news for those of us with a different week :)

PaulLes Sep 5th 2006 11:14 am

We have just got lucky too for Oct half term its a week earlier down south, got tickets out for £19 with monarch, usually through the roof when kids off.
Glad to see airlines basing there holidays on southern schools :)

Lynn R Sep 5th 2006 11:29 am

I would keep quiet about it if I were you - if any Ryanair managers look at this site you will see prices shooting up if they think they can get away with it!

tednsharon Sep 5th 2006 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mourinho

Just checked my half term dates and ours is Sat 10 Feb to Sun 18 Feb - prices not bad at £39.99 each way!

Sharon :)

Tweetie Sep 6th 2006 10:08 am

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Just checked my half term dates and ours is Sat 10 Feb to Sun 18 Feb - prices not bad at £39.99 each way!

Sharon :)

Thanks for that, my daughter is planning to go back in February,I'll tell her to check it out !!! http://www2.incredimail.com/english/...der/smiley.gif

j0197 Sep 8th 2006 2:31 pm

Half terms are all over the place. We seem to have children all the time out of school here on our complex.

poollounger Sep 9th 2006 11:07 am

Has anyone been over for Christmas via Jerez?? I just wondered if the fares come down a bit nearer or should one book now ???

mikelincs Sep 9th 2006 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by poollounger
Has anyone been over for Christmas via Jerez?? I just wondered if the fares come down a bit nearer or should one book now ???

Don't know about via Jerez, but was looking on line for fares to see if a visitor to here could get back a couple of days early as her house in the UK had been broken into, but only flights were some £300 one way with only 48 hours to go. Suspect it depends, but near holidays I doubt they will go down that much, and may easily go up as space becomes limited.

Mourinho Sep 9th 2006 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by poollounger

Now i don't want to give to much away as i need xmas flights aswell , but will say they will slowly rise over the next few weeks and that there will be a period nearer the time when they will fall dramatically for a short period ,(not for all dates) if you want specific dates book if you feel the fare is value , can only advise to check regularly.

YMF Sep 9th 2006 1:08 pm

Hi
I did look at the fares last Christmas and was surprised to see that the week before Christmas there were still flights for 60€ and less. I think it depends which days you are able to travel on. An added complication for this year is that Ryan Air have dropped the morning flight over the winter.

I often agonise over booking early or not, I only tend to do so when there is an exceptionally cheap flight. So far my strategy has paid off.

It probably comes down to how much of a gambler you are!!

Yvonne

gallerie9 Sep 9th 2006 1:18 pm

We booked last night for mid December they were 1 euro plus taxes both ways. they got higher the nearer christmas it got. Then is steadily falls after christmas

poollounger Sep 9th 2006 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by YMF
Hi
I did look at the fares last Christmas and was surprised to see that the week before Christmas there were still flights for 60€ and less. I think it depends which days you are able to travel on. An added complication for this year is that Ryan Air have dropped the morning flight over the winter.

I often agonise over booking early or not, I only tend to do so when there is an exceptionally cheap flight. So far my strategy has paid off.

It probably comes down to how much of a gambler you are!!

Yvonne

Gamble I shall....after all Christmas in England wouldn't be unpleasant, and I can always go later....last year end of Jan we were sunbathing on the beach in the afternoons.