British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   ryanair (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/ryanair-641532/)

mark donna Nov 21st 2009 8:36 am

ryanair

ryanair are flying 4 times a week from liverpool to faro right throughout the summer expensive at the moment but will come down, the competition with easyjet will be intense but can only be good news for us

Lush Nov 23rd 2009 2:50 pm

Re: ryanair

Originally Posted by mark donna (Post 8114554)
ryanair are flying 4 times a week from liverpool to faro right throughout the summer expensive at the moment but will come down, the competition with easyjet will be intense but can only be good news for us

Thanks for this Mark:thumbsup:

chrismortley Nov 24th 2009 8:12 am

With the seemingly hate relationship between those two you wouldn't have thought price fixing will be ever become an issue

dale lancashire Nov 25th 2009 6:34 pm

We had a look at these flights for the summer. I went to book and by the time I had put the details in ,the page timed out ,when I searched again they had gone up a tenner !

jdr Nov 26th 2009 9:15 am

Originally Posted by dale lancashire (Post 8125089)
We had a look at these flights for the summer. I went to book and by the time I had put the details in ,the page timed out ,when I searched again they had gone up a tenner !

They track the cookie of the previous booking, always clear your cache or use a different PC if you return to a booking.

dale lancashire Nov 26th 2009 11:48 am

Thanks for that I will make sure I do next time.

AndyS Nov 26th 2009 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8126582)
They track the cookie of the previous booking, always clear your cache or use a different PC if you return to a booking.

Yep, been aware of this scam for a couple of years so always clear down after every search. Obviously, it's not just Ryanair that use this dubious practice, they are nearly all at it.

angiescarr Jan 6th 2010 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 8126914)
Yep, been aware of this scam for a couple of years so always clear down after every search. Obviously, it's not just Ryanair that use this dubious practice, they are nearly all at it.

Can you explain how to 'clear down' the cache??? Or is that likely to be beyond me. i.e do I have to ask My 'geek' husband to do it for my son who is looking at booking flights but has to get his days off sorted.

AndyS Jan 6th 2010 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by angiescarr (Post 8223705)
Can you explain how to 'clear down' the cache??? Or is that likely to be beyond me. i.e do I have to ask My 'geek' husband to do it for my son who is looking at booking flights but has to get his days off sorted.

Just go into Tools, select Internet Options, General and click on delete Browsing History. The important one to get rid of is Cookies as that's how they track you.

angiescarr Jan 6th 2010 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 8223839)
Just go into Tools, select Internet Options, General and click on delete Browsing History. The important one to get rid of is Cookies as that's how they track you.

Many thanks Andy for this reply. And also my question on the tax form thread. Nice not to have to ask my husband for once!

AndyS Jan 9th 2010 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by angiescarr (Post 8223903)
Many thanks Andy for this reply. And also my question on the tax form thread. Nice not to have to ask my husband for once!

Go girl., glad it was useful. You'll be putting up shelves next!! :thumbsup:

angiescarr Jan 9th 2010 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 8231909)
Go girl., glad it was useful. You'll be putting up shelves next!! :thumbsup:

Hmm Grrrr. I've put up more shelves and possibly laid more bricks, hung more doors etc etc than most blokes. I have all the power tools and can wield them... Any more comments like that!!!!:rofl:

EsuriJohn Jan 9th 2010 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by angiescarr (Post 8232156)
Hmm Grrrr. I've put up more shelves and possibly laid more bricks, hung more doors etc etc than most blokes. I have all the power tools and can wield them... Any more comments like that!!!!:rofl:

Come round to my place asap.

AndyS Jan 10th 2010 9:29 am

Originally Posted by angiescarr (Post 8232156)

LOL:thumbsup:

angiescarr Jan 10th 2010 10:02 am

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 8232933)
Come round to my place asap.

Would if we were Amish, and it was reciprocated:)... Also I'm prob an hour and a half from Ayamonte area.