British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Ryanair 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/ryanair-2007-a-401033/)

jdr Nov 20th 2006 2:42 am

Re: Ryanair 2007

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
Why should I pay more, its people like you that pay for anything,
What happens when everyone pays for priority boarding
do they then introduce a VIP charge, for people who wish to board before priority,
then a business class, before you know it you will be seated before the captain is even allowed to board !! :confused:
if we all say no to extra charges what can they do

You have hit the nail on the head. Don`t pay for extras !

I have never used them, and if they are as bad as I am led to believe I never will. ;)

Andy Pipken Nov 20th 2006 2:46 am

Originally Posted by jdr
You have hit the nail on the head. Don`t pay for extras !

I have never used them, and if they are as bad as I am led to believe I never will. ;)

I think we are in a minority :o

Lynn R Nov 20th 2006 2:58 am

I don't really understand why it is considered beneficial to families with children or passengers with disabilities to have them boarded first - as long as they have pre-allocated seats, would it not be preferable for them to board last so that they can remain seated in relative comfort in the departure lounge rather than enduring the cramped conditions on board for longer than everybody else?

I have only once flown with an airline that didn't pre-allocate seats (not Ryanair) and I would never do it again. I always hang back in the departure lounge rather than rushing to be among the first on board, I'm not going to get there any quicker, am I?

Andy Pipken Nov 20th 2006 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I don't really understand why it is considered beneficial to families with children or passengers with disabilities to have them boarded first - as long as they have pre-allocated seats, would it not be preferable for them to board last so that they can remain seated in relative comfort in the departure lounge rather than enduring the cramped conditions on board for longer than everybody else?

I have only once flown with an airline that didn't pre-allocate seats (not Ryanair) and I would never do it again. I always hang back in the departure lounge rather than rushing to be among the first on board, I'm not going to get there any quicker, am I?

hey Lynn R you need to work for Ryanair, cos you know how to sort it out
forward your CV to them today, I like your style

Lynn R Nov 20th 2006 3:17 am

After 28 November I won't be working for anybody and that's the way I want to keep it! If I did Ryanair would be way down my list of prospective employers, I worked in the trade union movement for over 20 years and they wouldn't touch me with a bargepole, nor I them!

Andy Pipken Nov 20th 2006 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Lynn R
After 28 November I won't be working for anybody and that's the way I want to keep it! If I did Ryanair would be way down my list of prospective employers, I worked in the trade union movement for over 20 years and they wouldn't touch me with a bargepole, nor I them!

Happy retirement, hope you have a long and healthy one,
but I can't help thinking its a sad day for the "human resources" department at Ryanair :beer: