Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Running a bar in spain info saught

Running a bar in spain info saught

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:12 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running a bar in spain info saught

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
But, were they good guys just because they weren't Russian?

From where I'm reading there seems to be a lot of hypocrisy here.
I'm not aware that anyone has said that.

It's possible the Russians are adding an extra dimension to the crime scene.
On the other hand they may simply be enjoying the fruits of their activities elsewhere.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I'm not aware that anyone has said that.
Said what?

It's possible the Russians are adding an extra dimension to the crime scene.
On the other hand they may simply be enjoying the fruits of their activities elsewhere.
FFS!

"All these Russians with their ill gained Millions coming over here".

Where are you going to run to next hey?
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Has the thought ever occured to you that Moscow is one of the richest, and most expensive cities to live in these days?

Plenty of legitimate money to be made in Russia. And, guess what? We all live in a relatively free World today. Those who make good money in Russia can choose to live in Spain if that is what they want to do. They don't need to con, or turn to crime in anyway. They simply buy a house with the money they legitimately earned.

Do you understnad how this works, or did you choose a different system?
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Cos once upon a time, there wasnt a treaty between Spain and the UK, so criminals in the UK could run to Spain, safe in the knowledge that they couldnt be caught - summat like that
jo xxx
Other way round now, they do a runner to the UK,
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:13 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Has the thought ever occured to you that Moscow is one of the richest, and most expensive cities to live in these days?

Plenty of legitimate money to be made in Russia. And, guess what? We all live in a relatively free World today. Those who make good money in Russia can choose to live in Spain if that is what they want to do. They don't need to con, or turn to crime in anyway. They simply buy a house with the money they legitimately earned.

Do you understnad how this works, or did you choose a different system?
Yes,of course you're quite right TLP

I'm sure every last man jack of them is as honest as the day is long and the sun shines out of all their Rsoles.

There's none so blind........
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes,of course you're quite right TLP

I'm sure every last man jack of them is as honest as the day is long and the sun shines out of all their Rsoles.

There's none so blind........
You could at least start by giving them the benefit of doubt.

You read like a total **** to be quite frank.

A very insecure, paranoid, total **** at that.

Have you tried talking to any of your new neighbours yet?
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

This forum makes me ashamed to be British.

¡Adios!
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:21 pm
On the road again.

This forum makes me ashamed to be British.

¡Adios!
Yes, and I've met plenty of nice Russians who are ashamed to be Russian, especially after what their country and many of its ppl have become under Putin.

Some sent to Spain simply as sex objects or slaves by their wonderful generous and kind hearted fellow countrymen.
People trafficking I believe it's politely called.
No not in whorehouses. They were the lucky ones by chance tipped off on arrival in Spain and given the opportunity of a better life.

I've met honest decent hard working Rumanians also, but I'm inclined to think that it's not by chance that the two Rs are generally not top of the list as everyones choice of neighbours in any EU country I've visited.

Yes thank you I have fantastic neighbours with whom I've shared total trust from day 1, so once again you're barking up the wrong tree.

Maybe barking is the operative word tonight, so when you come back down from your tree it might be nice to have a more reasoned discussion as we have done in the past.

Sweet dreams.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:39 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
The agents have been saying that for 10 years on the CDS and there are still only a few Russians. In last months stats the Russians didn't even appear on the list of countries who bought.
4 years ago there were a lot of Russians who owned and were buying houses in the Torrevieja area, and many of the estate agents had Russians or Russian speakers on their staff. We were looking for a rental, and had to wait for a decision as the owners lived in Siberia and due to the time difference weren't contactable, When we were selling our house one of the agents who came to get particulars got a phone call and spent about 20 mins talking in Russian to the caller instead of dealing with us, they didn't get a chance to list it as we decided against them, and the poor agent who was on the phone got rather a nasty shock when I wished her 'goodbye' in Russian, and made it clear I did speak Russian.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:26 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

According to Diariosur Russian tourism is up 29.7% this year. However, they still only account for 6% of the foreign visitors so a long way to go. Report also states that hotel occupation was down 2.1% in August (although they reckon tourism was up) Wonder where they get their figures from, maybe bums on seats flying in! Hotel occupation was around 70% which must put them in a precarious position.

I think the high numbers they are stating for Málaga and Barcelona may be due to the increase in the cruise trade from these ports. The larger ships carry 3000+passengers so if there are a couple of ships leaving every weekend it would bump up the figures.

http://www.diariosur.es/rc/20120924/...209241047.html
Old Sep 30th 2012, 7:02 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

You could at least start by giving them the benefit of doubt.

You read like a total **** to be quite frank.

A very insecure, paranoid, total **** at that.

Have you tried talking to any of your new neighbours yet?
I hope you're not deterred from the forum permanently by his rantings.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 8:13 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I hope you're not deterred from the forum permanently by his rantings.
Bad day at the office Stevie, or maybe your tapas was a little bit off ?