Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rules for communal pools opening up.

Rules for communal pools opening up.

Old May 29th 2020, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rules for communal pools opening up.

Has anyone on Las Encinas had a letter from the Admin company(s) re the Covid 19 restrictions/instructions for the use of communal pools ? I know what they should be but wonder how they are going to interpret/implement them. One of our maintenance man said ours was opening on Monday. It is looking good, they keep it whole Urb looking neat and tidy. Pity about the dog owners who allow their dogs to foul inside the Urb and don't clean up. Yesterday when I went out and turned right, what an amount of dog mess ! No excuse, there are plenty bins to bag and dispose of it :-(
Old May 29th 2020, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rules for communal pools opening up.

Regarding the dog poo, I think it would be a good idea to install some of the CCTV cameras that record round the clock (24/72 hours worth) and someone from the admin company can check/reveiw the video/recordings now and again. In conjunction with some signs to say everyone is being watched it might stop the owners letting the animals foul the place.
Old May 29th 2020, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

All of the administration companies are busy formulating their plan with regards to the reopening of the pools. They may then need to put it to a vote as it is likely to involve extra costs. Measures including limiting numbers of people in the area, (but who counts people in and out?) and all areas must be cleaned twice a day have to be in place. I would expect to see guidelines and or an action plan in the next week or so.
Old May 29th 2020, 5:27 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
Regarding the dog poo, I think it would be a good idea to install some of the CCTV cameras that record round the clock (24/72 hours worth) and someone from the admin company can check/reveiw the video/recordings now and again. In conjunction with some signs to say everyone is being watched it might stop the owners letting the animals foul the place.
Hola

Unfortunately the GDPR data protection laws prevent general CCTV cameras in public places. To comply you can only have CCTV viewing your own garden and you must have a notice displaying that CCTV is in operation.

I believe that many CCTV cameras are illegal - Google is your friend

Davexf
Old May 30th 2020, 9:31 am
BE enaround

Dellaph Kite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Unfortunately the GDPR data protection laws prevent general CCTV cameras in public places. To comply you can only have CCTV viewing your own garden and you must have a notice displaying that CCTV is in operation.

I believe that many CCTV cameras are illegal - Google is your friend

Davexf
Have to disagree with you on both counts, Dave. Google is a useful tool, not your or certainly my friend. If you're concerned about being monitored, check what Google has on you. And while the use of CCTV is subject to the provisions of GDPR, as long as the data collected is stored appropriately and for no longer than necessary, and only used for a lawful purpose in accordance with GDPR, it would be entirely legal to cover public places with CCTV accompanied by relevant signage.
Old May 30th 2020, 11:10 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dellaph Kite
Have to disagree with you on both counts, Dave. Google is a useful tool, not your or certainly my friend. If you're concerned about being monitored, check what Google has on you. And while the use of CCTV is subject to the provisions of GDPR, as long as the data collected is stored appropriately and for no longer than necessary, and only used for a lawful purpose in accordance with GDPR, it would be entirely legal to cover public places with CCTV accompanied by relevant signage.
Hola

Not quite so; for a communal area there must be agreement by the community and the recording should not be viewed unless an incident occurs. It is illegal to monitor "comings and goings" of individuals because of invasion of privacy. You cannot legally cover public places but can record communal areas with prior notifications and appropriate signage. .

I have to admit I had read and obeyed the regulations for my own system, but I am not in a community, solely a private house. I did notify all my neighbours of the system and obtained their agreement. I bought and displayed eight signs to cover myself from prosecution!

Davexf
Old May 31st 2020, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Cable tie on the pool area gate, so nor free for all at least here.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Not quite so; for a communal area there must be agreement by the community and the recording should not be viewed unless an incident occurs. It is illegal to monitor "comings and goings" of individuals because of invasion of privacy. You cannot legally cover public places but can record communal areas with prior notifications and appropriate signage. .

I have to admit I had read and obeyed the regulations for my own system, but I am not in a community, solely a private house. I did notify all my neighbours of the system and obtained their agreement. I bought and displayed eight signs to cover myself from prosecution!

Davexf
As suggested, the community put the CCTV up with signs to say you are being watched and when a dog poo incident occurs you check the video to see who’s dog did it. Simples...