Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

RSPCA equivalent in Spain

RSPCA equivalent in Spain

Old Jun 18th 2006, 10:49 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Question RSPCA equivalent in Spain

So if I find a small black and white kitten with half its tail mangled off by god only knows what crying out for its mummy who is nowhere to be seen, and its a Sunday, what do I do?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RSPCA equivalent in Spain

Originally Posted by keithwalters
So if I find a small black and white kitten with half its tail mangled off by god only knows what crying out for its mummy who is nowhere to be seen, and its a Sunday, what do I do?
Take it in, give it a tiny bit of food and some water and a lot of love. If you can´t keep it permanently go and ask the neighbours. Usually there is someone´s heart you can touch. 18 months ago this happened to us with a little black and white kitten. He followed me home and ran into the kitchen and has been with us ever since.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

ring a local vets also

kittie might need help

and i think vets there like in france have to act on oathe, they cant refuse to treat an animal even if not paid. but they wont take him/her in. It might be in shock, so keep it warm and as stated water (not cow milk) goat milk if you have it, maybe some weetabix in warm water if you dont have cat food.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourgogne
ring a local vets also

kittie might need help

and i think vets there like in france have to act on oathe, they cant refuse to treat an animal even if not paid. but they wont take him/her in. It might be in shock, so keep it warm and as stated water (not cow milk) goat milk if you have it, maybe some weetabix in warm water if you dont have cat food.
I fed mine tiny little bits of ham and it´s still his favourite food.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:22 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

ring a local vets also

kittie might need help

I hope you are right about vets not being able to refuse treatment. Apart from its tail which is hanging on by a piece of skin, and being very dirty, it otherwise looks very healthy. It would be a huge shame to leave it untreated.

I can't take it in myself as we already have two little strays in house!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

if its a ferral kitten it´ll eat anything.

in alhaurin theres a 24h vets - is there one near you ?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

whatever you decide you cant leave the poor little bugger like that

I am guessing a car has hit him/her

ring a vet, tell them its not your animal and you have no money.

Then once treated you can look for a shelter or friend or neighbour that might want to take him/her in.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:40 am
has got a huge member

whatever you decide you cant leave the poor little bugger like that

I am guessing a car has hit him/her

ring a vet, tell them its not your animal and you have no money.

Then once treated you can look for a shelter or friend or neighbour that might want to take him/her in.
He's just enjoyed a v good meal!

I´m having problems locating a 24hr vet at the mo. Of course this would happen on a Sunday, wouldn't I? Don't injured kittens know that it's much more convenient to get hurt during office hours?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:48 am
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
if its a ferral kitten it´ll eat anything.

in alhaurin theres a 24h vets - is there one near you ?
Alhaurin is too far for me, but do you know if they are obliged to treat wild animals free of charge? If they are, then they can't be the only ones and I'll have to keep looking around here.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

my local vet (france) had to treat my poor old cat that died in the end, but i was so broke had to admit it!!! could not pay! he mentioned they cannot refuse to treat a suffering animal period. so i pay when and if i can.

i believe spainsh vets have the same oathe?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

if you go to any vets theres normally an emergency number on the door - chances are tho they will say to take it home and if it survives the night bring it in?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I hope you are right about vets not being able to refuse treatment. Apart from its tail which is hanging on by a piece of skin, and being very dirty, it otherwise looks very healthy. It would be a huge shame to leave it untreated.

I can't take it in myself as we already have two little strays in house!
And what´s wrong with three!! I have always had up to four cats at a time and they have always slept in a huge pile one on top of each other. Where are you Keith, perhaps we can find a vet on the net.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

3 yes and where does it end

i'm upto 5 dogs and now 6 cats (ok 3 are two week old kitties) my bad for not getting mumsie done when i rescued a little sick male ..... they didnt waste any time!! however all so gorgeous i dont think i can face to re-home! little trusting eyes all so new to the world, and its a rotten place if no-one loves you.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

We found a tiny little kitten that must have only been weeks old running around near to our office which is on a busy road.

We took it to the local rescue centre for stray dogs/cats and they were happy to take it in as long as the kitten didnt have an eye infection (apparantly this is a common disease with strays and spreads to other cats easily) and that we agreed to pay the fees for the cat to have injections.

Perhaps this could be a solution for you?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Amara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really nice

Just being nosey really - is there an update on the kitten??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.