Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Royal Mail Small Packets UK to Spain

Royal Mail Small Packets UK to Spain

Old Dec 27th 2011, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Royal Mail Small Packets UK to Spain

Anyone have experience of receiving small packets from UK? prices seem reasonable but is the service reliable? ie, does it take ages? does the stuff actually appear?

Any experiences anyone? if not Royal Mail anyone else offer a decent service?
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:01 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Mail Small Packets UK to Spain

I have had small packets sent from the UK on a Thursday afternoon arrive on Saturday.

Sometimes however they disappear for a couple of weeks! Generally it's pretty good. To be on the safe side use the signed for delivery options.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 10:01 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
Anyone have experience of receiving small packets from UK? prices seem reasonable but is the service reliable? ie, does it take ages? does the stuff actually appear?

Any experiences anyone? if not Royal Mail anyone else offer a decent service?
Not had any problems at all with receiving small packets via Royal Mail. They do seem to take longer coming from UK than sending to UK, no idea why.

Rosemary
Old Dec 27th 2011, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

ah brilliant news thanks. It does seem cheap for a 300g parcel so if it gets delivered within a week I would be v happy.

Many thanks for your positive comments
Old Dec 27th 2011, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

No probem, but can take couple of days or three to four weeks, but never a problem
Old Dec 27th 2011, 4:14 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

my experience is generally as above, sometimes excellent sometimes a bit slow.
usually try to send on a Friday which gives the weekend for travel and have arrived by Tuesday or Wednesday. Posting at the beginning of the week seems to send them via Poland or somewhere and they can take an extra week

but generally very reliable.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 4:47 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I get cheap compatible printer ink sent from the UK using the service and they don't charge any postage so it must work well for them.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

I was going to start a new thread about this, but might as well post it here.

What about sending parcels from Spain to the UK or other parts of Europe?

Does anybody have any experience with selling stuff online, Ebay etc. and then shipping the stuff out from Spain? Reliability, cost.. etc.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
I was going to start a new thread about this, but might as well post it here.

What about sending parcels from Spain to the UK or other parts of Europe?

Does anybody have any experience with selling stuff online, Ebay etc. and then shipping the stuff out from Spain? Reliability, cost.. etc.
Yes we do. FROM SPAIN There are several price bands. The unkindest hike is when you go from 99g to 100g from a couple of euroquid to 6 OUCH! for the rest of the world it goes to nearly 10 Euros. Makes no sense at all. As for reliability. It varies. At this time of year stuff goes missing for so long that customers ask for replacements. Around 50% of those getting replacements will tell you when the original parcel turns up. But you'll lose the rest one way or another. It's best to use Certificado for anything with a value of over 50 euros and take the risk below (Just my opinion). The rest of the year it's pretty reliable. I'd say we maybe lose one parcel out of 50. Factor that into your prices and relax.
One trick we use is leaving books in England and having them posted from there at around a third of the price. Also, if sending a lot to europe it can work out cheaper to send a courriered box to a friend and have them reposted. You can even organise the courier at the British end ....A lot cheaper! PM me if you want details as I've mentioned the company before and I don't want to be accused of advertising them.
We have a system on our website which my husband designed which incorporates the weights into the invoicing process so my customers know what they're going to pay. Most people don't mind but then I sell very small things. I wouldn't advise selling heavy items posted from Spain. For example a standard DVD comes in at just over the 100g! We had to repackage all our DVDs into the thin profile cases. That JUST made the difference.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:59 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Yes we do. FROM SPAIN There are several price bands. The unkindest hike is when you go from 99g to 100g from a couple of euroquid to 6 OUCH! for the rest of the world it goes to nearly 10 Euros. Makes no sense at all. As for reliability. It varies. At this time of year stuff goes missing for so long that customers ask for replacements. Around 50% of those getting replacements will tell you when the original parcel turns up. But you'll lose the rest one way or another. It's best to use Certificado for anything with a value of over 50 euros and take the risk below (Just my opinion). The rest of the year it's pretty reliable. I'd say we maybe lose one parcel out of 50. Factor that into your prices and relax.
One trick we use is leaving books in England and having them posted from there at around a third of the price. Also, if sending a lot to europe it can work out cheaper to send a courriered box to a friend and have them reposted. You can even organise the courier at the British end ....A lot cheaper! PM me if you want details as I've mentioned the company before and I don't want to be accused of advertising them.
We have a system on our website which my husband designed which incorporates the weights into the invoicing process so my customers know what they're going to pay. Most people don't mind but then I sell very small things. I wouldn't advise selling heavy items posted from Spain. For example a standard DVD comes in at just over the 100g! We had to repackage all our DVDs into the thin profile cases. That JUST made the difference.

seems a very fair and customer aware system, so well done on that.
so so many online transactions by major internationals as well as small sellers who have never even thought about postage in the UK letalone someone outside the UK being interested.

another gripe is the £:€ relationship.......
just look at the differences between the two on major company websites.
I bought a shirt in C&A in Seville which was dual priced, and was €15 and £10 when I wanted to give the girl a £10 note she didnt know what to say. I did pay the € price as that is the only legal tender in Seville, but companies with dueal sites seem to be making a fortune out of this difference.