Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Route to Southern Spain

Route to Southern Spain

Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

mick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant futuremick123 has a brilliant future
Default Route to Southern Spain

Which is the best route to Southern Spain from the channel ports avoiding the "car killer" hill's, I'll be pulling a caravan, also at what time of year are the roads clear of snow, are there any towns/cities that should be avoided because of traffic problems.

mick
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Route to Southern Spain

Originally Posted by mick123
Which is the best route to Southern Spain from the channel ports avoiding the "car killer" hill's, I'll be pulling a caravan, also at what time of year are the roads clear of snow, are there any towns/cities that should be avoided because of traffic problems.

mick
Theres a few threads on here about this Mick. I usually take the motorway past Lille, Lyon, Perpignan, Barcelona. Its a full two day drive, and I usually stop in Valances. Dont know what the tolls will be with a caravan though. The motorways should be pretty clear.

The other route I took was Portsmouth St Malo and then down the West Coast, Bordeaux, but you have to skirt the Pyranees so I dont know what the roads will be like there, maybe not caravan friendly.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Route to Southern Spain

Click on the link below and that is Calais to Malaga, alter according to where you are going. Also gives different options etc for quickest route and such like.

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichel...31&image2.y=8#

Gives total toll costs and what it should be on petrol to an average.

Hope it is of some use to you.