Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Room Needed In Madrid

Room Needed In Madrid

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Frank400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Room Needed In Madrid

Hi, I am a 45 year old musician working on and off in Spain but mostly working out of Madrid.
I need to rent a room from about the second week of Novembers year. I could pay per month or pay just for the nights I stay.
Ìf I was paying per month I would like to pay between 200-300 euros and if I was paying per night I would like to spend about 15-20 euros.
I´m staying in hotels right now which is kind of getting expensive.
Hopefully hear from you soon
Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 2:13 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room Needed In Madrid

Hello and welcome.
I suspect you'd need to be looking at 300-400 per month in Madrid itself, although you may find cheaper in one of the outlying commuter towns like Alcobendas or Alcala de le Henares.
It's a difficult time of year too, to find this type of accommodation as they get snapped up by students, English teachers and the like.
But here are a couple of places worth looking.
This site is run by a French-Anglo called Pierre, who is himself an expat in the city. Very nice guy (I've corresponded with him previously) and he knows the different zones of the city well
http://www.flatawaymadrid.com/
http://www.flatawaymadrid.com/10-rental-search-tips/
Alternatively you could look up the English monthly magazine In-Madrid. They do have a classifieds section that advertises rooms to let. Only problem is they can quickly go out-of-date, but worth checking anyway. I'll put the web link here, but you can pick up the magazine itself in various language schools and Irish pubs etc within Madrid. Look on the second link for the virtual magazine - the classifieds are on page 15.
http://www.in-madrid.com/
http://www.in-madrid.com/virtual.html
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 2:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room Needed In Madrid

Originally Posted by Frank400
Hi, I am a 45 year old musician working on and off in Spain but mostly working out of Madrid.
I need to rent a room from about the second week of Novembers year. I could pay per month or pay just for the nights I stay.
Ìf I was paying per month I would like to pay between 200-300 euros and if I was paying per night I would like to spend about 15-20 euros.
I´m staying in hotels right now which is kind of getting expensive.
Hopefully hear from you soon
Thanks
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham