Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rocquetas de mar

Rocquetas de mar

Old Apr 8th 2017, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Mrs.b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rocquetas de mar

Hi All me and my husband are moving to Rocquetas next month, are there any ex pats living there?? It would be great to hear from others their experience of living there. thanks
Old Apr 9th 2017, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rocquetas de mar

When I read Roquetas de Mar I always think Spanish holiday getaway place. Which usually means lots of places close at the end of the season and lot less to do. Apartment blocks nearly empty of permanent residents. I remember a work colleague of my late husbands once bought an apartment in the busy block then discovered when the season finished nearly everything closed He said it was much quieter though as the Spanish are not a quiet race and you could get parked as they do commandeer all and any spaces nearest to where they want to go.

I hope someone comes along to give you some more relevant info and that you enjoy the move.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Only ever visited it once. Lovely on the front and Marina area. I would think there must be expats there as more than a few Brit Bar type restaurants on the front. Wishing you all the best on the move and new life.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Mrs.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, it does seem as if it's holiday homes and not many ex pats actually living there... surely there must be some?? It's a beautiful area and although my Spanish is coming along, it would still be good to have some ex pats around!
Old Apr 11th 2017, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Have visit Leroy Merlin there and the Grand Plaza, it seems full of Brits, shorts, skimpy tops even in winter lol, British shop somewhere sorry but dont remember the name am sure you could google it. Am sure you will meet quite a few expats around, enjoy and have fun .