Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The road to Morocco..

The road to Morocco..

Old Mar 17th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The road to Morocco..

We are building our place with a moorish influence and we are going to furnish it likewise, the question is has anyone been over to Morroco on the ferry from Spain with a car ?, was it a hassle...expensive?..or would it be better to go as a foot passenger and ship stuff back over, has anyone done this ? we will need quite a lot of stuff ! any comments would be mucho appreciated as long as they are fairly sane....
Old Mar 17th 2007, 1:33 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The road to Morocco..

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
We are building our place with a moorish influence and we are going to furnish it likewise, the question is has anyone been over to Morroco on the ferry from Spain with a car ?, was it a hassle...expensive?..or would it be better to go as a foot passenger and ship stuff back over, has anyone done this ? we will need quite a lot of stuff ! any comments would be mucho appreciated as long as they are fairly sane....
You're building a goat house/stable/water deposito with a Moorish influence??????? *lol*........now this I've got to see
Old Mar 17th 2007, 1:43 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Well we want to do the same, our house is around 500 years old and has the orignal Moorish features we want to do the same thing but are a bit scared. any one done this ?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Its possible...isn't it ?? ..just got to use your imagination a bit...dare to be different...
Originally Posted by MnM
You're building a goat house/stable/water deposito with a Moorish influence??????? *lol*........now this I've got to see
Old Mar 17th 2007, 2:04 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

We went over hoping to buy a carpet, thought they would be on every stall in the medina. Well it was a sorry disappointment. I guess the locals shopping in the medina cannot afford the prices the good stuf costs. There is one place which a guide took us to, four floors of handicrafts in an old house. I am no expert, but we did bargain hard and bought a very nice supposedly 100 year old rug. Genuine or not ?? Who knows, we just liked it best. We took the fast cat to Tangiers from Tarifa. There were people unloading in cars as we waited to return. Expats too. If it is a hire car you are not supposed to take it out of the country.
If you are planning a major shop, then I would go on a reccy first, leaving the car in Spain, then maybe go back at a later date. I don't think it is all that difficult..just need to find somewhere to park the car, though maybe an option would be to find a hotel just out of the centre, get a cab or two back with all the purchases, and then drive straight back when you are done.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 2:13 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Its possible...isn't it ?? ..just got to use your imagination a bit...dare to be different...
Yes, anything and everything is possible! Best of luck to you
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:40 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

These guys may be able to help a bit more, I have used the site a couple of times for gifts.

http://www.ilove-marrakesh.com/leshopping_shop_en.html
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Ruggers,
good site, maybe a bit rich for my wallet...i'm a wholesale kinda guy as will need quite a lot...any other ideas/tips anyone ??...