Road Etiquette

Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:25 am
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice
Default Re: Road Etiquette

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
The triangle is not a stop sign it is a give way. Surely all European countries have this rule, where you have to give way to traffic on the main road when approaching down a slip road, (on ramp)? I know that is the rule in the U.K. and The Netherlands plus France.
I like the way drivers wait for you, patiently, to reverse into a parking spot, but heaven help you if you are a bit slow in getting away from a green light. Toooooottttttt!!!!!
That's what I thought, merge in accelerate and merge in. There's a few spots where the on ramp is too short and you have to stop but usually you have enough length to merge in safety. Just the opposite around here they get like 3 cars through the intersection as they leave soooo many car lengths before driving on. Usually (if I'm paying attention )if I stuck in traffic I sit right on the person bumper until I'm though the intersection then I back off. This way you get more cars through of course assuming the traffic is clear on the other side. If not I hold back as not to block the intersection