Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Retrieving Yoigo Settings

Retrieving Yoigo Settings

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

barajoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retrieving Yoigo Settings

I bought a yoigo payg sim this morning. I should be able to call the UK and Ireland for 4 cents a minute. I'm not really that au fait with mobiles so if I'm mistaken in the following that'll be why... anyway I have to enter ** before the international dialling code in order to call abroad for the cheaper rate - I think this is because it uses the internet connection to call abroad, trouble is the push settings sent to me by Yoigo were rejected and deleted as my phone was already full of settings (mostly old duplicates). I don't know how to retrieve them again and the one Yoigo support agent who I got who could speak any English didn't get what I was trying to say, he just told me use my other phone

Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retrieving Yoigo Settings

Just a shot in the dark, but if you go to the Yoigo website customer services page there is a "PregĂșntanos" (Ask Us) field ... if you write in English they might find someone who speaks English to respond?

Otherwise you need to find yourself a bilingual Spanish friend asap!
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Just a shot in the dark, but if you go to the Yoigo website customer services page there is a "PregĂșntanos" (Ask Us) field ... if you write in English they might find someone who speaks English to respond?

Otherwise you need to find yourself a bilingual Spanish friend asap!
sorry I meant to reply sooner that the settings came through after deleting my old settings, so not an issue now, hopefully I won't need to contact their support if I need to do anything complicated, meanwhile I'm learning Spanish
Old Feb 24th 2013, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with that!

Are you living in Badajoz? Are there many other Brits there?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Good luck with that!

Are you living in Badajoz? Are there many other Brits there?
Cheers Yes I'm living in Badajoz. I'm actually Irish but to answer your question there doesn't seem to be a lot of non-Spanish mother-tongue foreigners here besides Portuguese. Besides my boss who is from London, I've only bumped into two English speaking ex-pats both assistant teachers one from Ireland and the other from the USA.

I guess if I really wanted to I could find other ex-pats (I have heard rumours that there's a few around ) but trying to immerse myself with the locals and from that point of view it's very easy to do here. It's an ideal environment for learning Spanish tbh as I haven't any choice but to use Spanish to communicate. I'm just here a month and already having broken conversations. It helps somewhat that I can speak a reasonable amount of Portuguese.