Reload this Page >

Retirement in Spain

Retirement in Spain

Old Mar 15th 2021, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

TomAllen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retirement in Spain

Hello,

I would like to ask for advice about moving to Spain. My wife and I are 75 years old and we want to buy a property in Spain and live near the beach, which areas do you recommend?

The lawyer we have has recommended Malaga, Marbella, Almeria and Alicante. What do you think? She has told us that it is cheap and has a very good climate.

On the other hand we are trying to get the golden visa, here you can read about it, explained by our lawyer.

Is there anything we should be aware of? Has anyone got this visa before?

Thanks and Regards!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 16th 2021 at 7:06 am. Reason: Link removed
Old Mar 15th 2021, 11:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement in Spain

No-one can tell you which area would be best for you as it is always down to personal taste, interests and wishes. You would need to visit various areas in order to decide which you prefer. When your lawyer said cheap was she talking about property or cost of living?

Rosemary
Old Mar 16th 2021, 9:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TomAllen
Hello,

I would like to ask for advice about moving to Spain. My wife and I are 75 years old and we want to buy a property in Spain and live near the beach, which areas do you recommend?

The lawyer we have has recommended Malaga, Marbella, Almeria and Alicante. What do you think? She has told us that it is cheap and has a very good climate.

On the other hand we are trying to get the golden visa, here you can read about it, explained by our lawyer.

Is there anything we should be aware of? Has anyone got this visa before?

Thanks and Regards!
I suspect there will be few on this forum with much knowledge about the golden visa as it has only been necessary since Jan 1st 2021
Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned above, personal taste and cost of living will vary and cheap is relative. You can also spend 20,000,000 € for a property in Marbella and Lidl and Aldi also exist in other parts of the country. Some people will say that Sant Cugat del Vallès offers the best balance for them and others would recommend San Sebastián. Other people love quaint Aiguablava.

Last edited by Moses2013; Mar 16th 2021 at 10:31 am.