Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Retención for autonomos

Retención for autonomos

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Retención for autonomos

Anyone know the exact criteria under which an autonomo has to incorporate the 15% retención into their facturas?

I thought that you had to do this if 70% or more of your clients were companies (as opposed to particulares). That is not my case, but a new client has asked me to incorporate the retención into their factura. I'm not sure if I can do this or not.

Thx
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retención for autonomos

Originally Posted by Veleta
Anyone know the exact criteria under which an autonomo has to incorporate the 15% retención into their facturas?

I thought that you had to do this if 70% or more of your clients were companies (as opposed to particulares). That is not my case, but a new client has asked me to incorporate the retención into their factura. I'm not sure if I can do this or not.

Thx
You mean IVA? this is 16% and you should charge this on everything then give it to the hacienda ,minus the IVA on your purchases.sound like you need an accountant or you could have problems in the future.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rotor
You mean IVA? this is 16% and you should charge this on everything then give it to the hacienda ,minus the IVA on your purchases.sound like you need an accountant or you could have problems in the future.
Hi Rotor,

No, not IVA. I am exempt from IVA.

I mean the 15% retención.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rotor,

How are you exempt from IVA if you are autonomo? , there is no threshold here like the UK.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
How are you exempt from IVA if you are autonomo? , there is no threshold here like the UK.
Certain services you sell are IVA exempt. I cant remember which, but I think teaching and translation maybe
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:53 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rotor,

I am also surprised to read this.
I cannot find anything on the official website either.
http://www.aeat.es/wps/portal/Listado?channel=3e9921a53a335010VgnVCM100000d7005a 80____&ver=L&site=56d8237c0bc1ff00VgnVCM100000d700 5a80____&idioma=es_ES&menu=1&img=8|

But to answer your question you should ask your Gestor, they will know what it what.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Certain services you sell are IVA exempt. I cant remember which, but I think teaching and translation maybe
teaching for sure
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:59 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cricketman
Now that would be very interesting to know!
Another question, do you get a separate CIF nr. as well or do you just use your NIE?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jur
Now that would be very interesting to know!
Another question, do you get a separate CIF nr. as well or do you just use your NIE?
Yes, "formación" is exempt from IVA. So are some other things but I can't remember what.

I still use my NIE number.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
I am also surprised to read this.
I cannot find anything on the official website either.
http://www.aeat.es/wps/portal/Listado?channel=3e9921a53a335010VgnVCM100000d7005a 80____&ver=L&site=56d8237c0bc1ff00VgnVCM100000d700 5a80____&idioma=es_ES&menu=1&img=8|

But to answer your question you should ask your Gestor, they will know what it what.
Hi

I tried copying your link but I am just getting a blank page??

I thought I'd post the question on here because I might get a quick answer (although it seems not).

I don't use a gestor - as an autonoma exempt from IVA there really isn't much to do.

If nobody here knows the anwer I thought I'd just pop along to the Hacienda and ask there; they give advice for free.....a gestor charges!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:51 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Yep you are right the link i posted does not work....So you are asking a question about tax! Yes you should go to Hacienda as the percentage is not correct. In fact it changed this Januray and our Gestoria told us that!
Shame you cannot claim IVAas you can claim back so much.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Yep you are right the link i posted does not work....So you are asking a question about tax! Yes you should go to Hacienda as the percentage is not correct. In fact it changed this Januray and our Gestoria told us that!
Shame you cannot claim IVAas you can claim back so much.
So do you have to deduct the retención from your facturas? What is the new percentage that your gestoría gave you? I know it used to be 15%.

My preliminary research on google seems to be backing up what I originally thought, ie you only have to include a retención in your facturas if 70% or more of your clients are companies, and this is not my case. I'll check with the Hacienda to be sure though.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

do you mean the IPRF retention ?

So do you have to deduct the retención from your facturas? What is the new percentage that your gestoría gave you? I know it used to be 15%.

My preliminary research on google seems to be backing up what I originally thought, ie you only have to include a retención in your facturas if 70% or more of your clients are companies, and this is not my case. I'll check with the Hacienda to be sure though.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spain
do you mean the IPRF retention ?
Yes, that's right.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

think its 1%

but cant remember under what circumstances its charged......my husband was autonomo and from memory only some of his suppliers retained the 1%

Yes, that's right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.