Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Seville

Restaurants in Seville

Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:59 am
Just Joined

chapel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Restaurants in Seville

Hello all
I am driving up to Seville with some friends in a few weeks and want to treat them to a special meal. I would welcome any suggestions on where to dine, in the evening and not tapas. We have a generous budget and am looking for top end.
Many Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:15 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants in Seville

Hi

There are several "luxury" hotels in Seville where a meal can cost an arm and a leg. Hotel Alfonso X111 for example.

Davexf
Old Apr 16th 2012, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

There are several "luxury" hotels in Seville where a meal can cost an arm and a leg. Hotel Alfonso X111 for example.

Davexf
And if you were going, no expense spared but wanting good food good ambience good service without paying just for the name/star rating?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 5:08 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fionamw

I am into tapas - locally I can get for between one euro and 1-20. There is a wonderful tapas bar in Sanlucar de Mayor just outside Seville on the Huelva road - that´s where I go by preference - I felt out of place in the Alfonso and also LaCasas de Justica - I´m just an ordinary working bloke with no airs or graces.

I also like the WOK restaurant (buffet libre) in the Aire Sur complex next door to IKEA. Just good food and well cooked. The new WOK in Camas is just too large for ambiance. I have tried several restaurants / Cafes / bars in Seville and to me the working men´s bars are excellent.

Davexf

Last edited by Dxf; Apr 16th 2012 at 5:13 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 16th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

I have eaten in these two and they were highly and rightly recommended....It has been a while though...

El Giraldillo
Meson Don Raimundo
Old Apr 16th 2012, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi Fionamw

I am into tapas - locally I can get for between one euro and 1-20. There is a wonderful tapas bar in Sanlucar de Mayor just outside Seville on the Huelva road - that´s where I go by preference - I felt out of place in the Alfonso and also LaCasas de Justica - I´m just an ordinary working bloke with no airs or graces.

I also like the WOK restaurant (buffet libre) in the Aire Sur complex next door to IKEA. Just good food and well cooked. The new WOK in Camas is just too large for ambiance. I have tried several restaurants / Cafes / bars in Seville and to me the working men´s bars are excellent.

Davexf
Tapas, wok etc., are fine but sometimes somewhere otherwise ordinary becomes extraordinary because of location, view, ambience, or a chef working his/her little cotton socks off. That's the kind of place to aim for. Besides you don't need airs and graces to go into an expensive restaurant, you just need money. I'm not sure OP was looking for expensive per se, but luxury maybe....
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:07 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Hi Chapel,

If you are driving "UP to Seville" then if you pass Medina Sidonia, then there is a wonderful restaurant atop of the hill that gives you FREE bed & breakfast if you spend over 50€ a couple!

And the views are wonderful

Davexf
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Tapas, wok etc., are fine but sometimes somewhere otherwise ordinary becomes extraordinary because of location, view, ambience, or a chef working his/her little cotton socks off. That's the kind of place to aim for. Besides you don't need airs and graces to go into an expensive restaurant, you just need money. I'm not sure OP was looking for expensive per se, but luxury maybe....
Not sure it would meet the OP's criteria as I wouldn't describe it as top end, but for location and ambience we like the Italian restaurant San Marco on Calle Meson del Moro in Sevilla. It is housed in converted Moorish baths and the building is really lovely inside. The food and service is good and not expensive. I couldn't give any recommendations for expensive restaurants serving Spanish cuisine, we never get to go to any as they don't have anything on their menus for my vegetarian OH!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Not sure it would meet the OP's criteria as I wouldn't describe it as top end, but for location and ambience we like the Italian restaurant San Marco on Calle Meson del Moro in Sevilla. It is housed in converted Moorish baths and the building is really lovely inside. The food and service is good and not expensive. I couldn't give any recommendations for expensive restaurants serving Spanish cuisine, we never get to go to any as they don't have anything on their menus for my vegetarian OH!
I would second San Marco as a restaurant offering good food in a lovely setting. We ate there several times whilst visiting our daughter during her year at the University in Sevilla, and it was always good (although can get quite busy).
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I would second San Marco as a restaurant offering good food in a lovely setting. We ate there several times whilst visiting our daughter during her year at the University in Sevilla, and it was always good (although can get quite busy).
It's a bit sad going to visit Seville and then eating at an Italian restaurant isnt it?

Controversial?

OK, its fine if you go regularly to the city or live there, but presumably the OP wants to sample food from Seville?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
It's a bit sad going to visit Seville and then eating at an Italian restaurant isnt it?

Controversial?

OK, its fine if you go regularly to the city or live there, but presumably the OP wants to sample food from Seville?
It might be sad, but if you don't eat meat or fish your options in Sevilla (or anywhere else in Andalucia) are pretty limited and in Italian restaurants at least you are guaranteed more than one option to choose from. And in restaurants that do claim to offer a vegetarian option, said option is vegetarian lasagne more often than not, totally bland according to my OH. There are a couple of options we use in Sevilla such as La Huerta (small tapas bar, very good) and Habanita (Cuban, good vegetarian options) but neither of them are remotely top end so I wouldn't recommend them to the OP.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cricketman

Controversial?

We mostly ate in Tapas bars (El Rinconcillo, where everything seems to be done with chalk on a blackboard, being a particular favourite), which is traditional Sevillano food, but the OP specifically expressed a desire not to eat Tapas.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
We mostly ate in Tapas bars (El Rinconcillo, where everything seems to be done with chalk on a blackboard, being a particular favourite), which is traditional Sevillano food, but the OP specifically expressed a desire not to eat Tapas.
Sure. I have no idea where to eat in Seville, I've only been once and that was 10 years ago

There will be plenty of Spanish restaurants that arent tapas. After all Spaniards love formal dining too and normally only eat tapas when at a bar
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Hotel Rey Alfonso XIII which Dxf mentioned is somewhere the OP could perhaps consider, I know it has quite recently reopened after complete refurbishment, it was still closed when I was last in Sevilla in November.

The menu in the Restaurante Alfonso looks nice, you would be looking at a minimum of 60€ per head for 3 courses without wine. Personally, I would take some persuading to pay 20€ for a serving of salmorejo no matter how plush the surroundings!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:57 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lynn R
The Hotel Rey Alfonso XIII which Dxf mentioned is somewhere the OP could perhaps consider, I know it has quite recently reopened after complete refurbishment, it was still closed when I was last in Sevilla in November.

The menu in the Restaurante Alfonso looks nice, you would be looking at a minimum of 60€ per head for 3 courses without wine. Personally, I would take some persuading to pay 20€ for a serving of salmorejo no matter how plush the surroundings!
It keeps the riff-raff out

Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.