Restaurants

Old Apr 26th 2018, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Restaurants

Hi StevieD, My wife and I wandered over the GC in early March this year. It had rained most of the day but the sun came out about 4.00 until sunset. Can't remember if it was a Tuesday or Thursday but the car park was almost empty and so was the bar. We got there about 5.00 ish and stayed for a couple of drinks on the terrace ( wearing jackets),watching the sunset. There were only 5 patrons there when we arrived and three when we left. I guess every bar gets it bad days but it seems CE off season is very unpredictable. I doubt they covered their overheads that afternoon.

I think it would be different if either the hotel or shopping centre were up & running. I tend to think the shopping centre could be a destination place for Ayamonte residents if it had the right shops. Ie somewhere to go instead of Ayamonte town centre. Same for VRSA with Huelva or Tavira being the only other options.
As it is, there are many other options to drink and eat within a 15 minute drive which are a bit more lively, and good value. I like a bit of peace and quiet but the GC can be dead at times. I can see winters for the GC can be difficult at the moment, relying almost purely on players to frequent the bar.
Old May 1st 2018, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Lovely long weekend in CE after 14 months away. The first night we went to one of our favourite places ( the Naval Association ) in VR, as usual the Dorada was great. Night 2 we picked Cacadores in Monte Francisco, again a great meal of pork and clams. Saturday we went to El Choco in Ayamonte, somewhere we haven't been for a long time even though it was a favourite when we first moved there back in 2008. We arrived at about 8 ish to an empty restaurant but by 9 it was packed solid with Spanish folk enjoying the holiday weekend. We had salad to start followed by paella which, although you have to wait 40mins for it to be cooked, was fabulous. I had forgotten that they also do one of the best desserts (in my opinion) ever, so we just had to treat ourselves. It is Turrón icecream with Pedro Ximenez sherry poured over it and it's heaven, also easy to reproduce at home. Sunday evening back to the NA for their mouthwatering Presse Iberico & then lunch on Monday (before heading to the airport) at the Golf Club which, after seeing some of the negative post, was very nice. Regards Bryony
Old May 8th 2018, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Stevie d is an unknown quantity at this point

Spent a lovely weekend in Esuri delighted we re connected to the area.
beach in Praia verde is superb.
Also heard hoyo to be re opened in six weeks . Spanish owner who has restaurant in the town also doing bike rental and art gallery.my source is in the know but it sounds a bit far fetched to me .hope it’s true as I really liked Jags and the more options the better
Old May 8th 2018, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stevie d
Spent a lovely weekend in Esuri delighted we re connected to the area.
beach in Praia verde is superb.
Also heard hoyo to be re opened in six weeks . Spanish owner who has restaurant in the town also doing bike rental and art gallery.my source is in the know but it sounds a bit far fetched to me .hope it’s true as I really liked Jags and the more options the better
I have heard a similar story minus the bit about 6 weeks
Old May 11th 2018, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

Hoyo 19 will re-open around June 15th.
I got the information from the person who will run it.
Regards.
Old May 13th 2018, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Glad to hear the rumours are indeed true.hope it goes well.i think it’s a really beautiful facility and it’s potential was never maximized fully.hope they have nice comfortable seating with good shade as a cold beer looking over the golf course is hard to beat
Old May 13th 2018, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Glad to hear the rumours are indeed true.hope it goes well.i think it’s a really beautiful facility and it’s potential was never maximized fully.hope they have nice comfortable seating with good shade as a cold beer looking over the golf course is hard to beat
Not sure if you were around back in the day when it was Jag’s, but in my view he maximised its potential with plenty of shaded seating and really good food. Let’s just hope matey next door doesn’t issue another denunciation!
Old May 14th 2018, 5:01 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Good news that it is Spanish 'owned' or at least ''run' and open for the world cup. So I am hoping for a varied menu.

Re WC.... COME ON ENGLAND!! Also fantastic to watch the ESP/PT games in a local bar, outside with a screaming crowd in each country! I am always there for the Euros and WC. Though in the last Euros, I watched Spain lose, jumped in a taxi to Cindys for the England match to see us lose too! Not the best evening

Cant win em all!!
Jon
Old May 16th 2018, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I understood:the Hoyo19 will be opened as a social club with free membership.
It seems that this guy has already anticipated to cover himself in the case of an eventual denunciatioin from next door neighbour.
Old May 20th 2018, 10:24 am
Just Joined

We’re over for a few days at the end of June . Just wondering if any work had started on hoyo 19 as it would be nice to have the option of a nice meal / drink.any indication of what type of menu it may have ?
Old May 20th 2018, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeanMichel
This is what I understood:the Hoyo19 will be opened as a social club with free membership.
It seems that this guy has already anticipated to cover himself in the case of an eventual denunciatioin from next door neighbour.
I'd heard that Barry was going to sell up so may not be a problem any more.
Old May 20th 2018, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

We’re over for a few days at the end of June . Just wondering if any work had started on hoyo 19 as it would be nice to have the option of a nice meal / drink.any indication of what type of menu it may have ?
Don’t hold your breath they have not started yet. Walked past their existing place three times this week at the bottom of Augustias steps and not seen anybody eating. Last night around 21.00 (peak time for the Spanish) the hosts were sat outside having a smoke. The current menu is very Spanish. In contrast the four or five restaurants in the immediate vicinity were doing good business. Puerto Ancha was booked out as usual for Saturday with people waiting. The good news there is that LPA is moving to larger premises in Lotita plaza in the Autumn so there will be more room for everyone.
Old May 20th 2018, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

The good news all round is that the new build restaurant on the hill above the shop is progressing to schedule and should open at the end of June. It was glazed two weeks ago and is wind and weather proof with internal fixing going on now.

The menu is European with occasional Thai dishes.

The shop has also expanded its menu to include a full English breakfast @€8 and by all reports it touches the spot and is excellent. Even without Hoya 19 things are getting better. The GC is still doing bar meals and they are good and very filling by all reports.
Old May 21st 2018, 9:48 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
The good news all round is that the new build restaurant on the hill above the shop is progressing to schedule and should open at the end of June. It was glazed two weeks ago and is wind and weather proof with internal fixing going on now.

The menu is European with occasional Thai dishes.

The shop has also expanded its menu to include a full English breakfast @€8 and by all reports it touches the spot and is excellent. Even without Hoya 19 things are getting better. The GC is still doing bar meals and they are good and very filling by all reports.
Hi John

Recently the majority of posts regarding the GC and its food have criticised the GC menu.

Has something changed just in the past couple of weeks - new chef perhaps? (Apart from the change of direction for the Menu to become more of a snack bar)? However, even the snacks were criticised recently.

Jon
Old May 21st 2018, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The GC restaurant is closed and gone it has reverted to the original layout with sofas and Tv’s and the bar serves bar meals/snacks. However the club room is very much for golfers and the aftermatch meal is served on tables laid in there. There is no chef/cook just Anna preping the bar food between drinks service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.