Restaurants

Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:50 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

We had some tapas at Paulo and Irenes new resto, Isla Canela.

Irene is the chef that worked with Jag, then Gavin then at El Clavel. So from a British food perspective, she e.g knows curries and (home made) burgers and a fry up. All of these are on the menu (and they will also do a special, e.g an English couple wanted sausage sarnies, and got them.) Paulo is her husband. Between them they are fluent in Spanish, French, Portuguese and OK English.

They also have Spanish and Portuguese menu, see photos.

Breakfast is from 08:30, and a speciality is their freshly made churros to order. A nice place on the beach to do that.

Their beachside terrace is well in shadow so one is protected from the summer sun. Here is the link

Menu - EL TIMON

Also on facebook

No commercial connection - but friendly with the owners.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Restaurants-wp_20160623_13_00_19_pro.jpg   Restaurants-wp_20160623_13_00_33_pro.jpg   Restaurants-wp_20160623_13_00_42_pro.jpg   Restaurants-wp_20160623_13_22_09_pro.jpg   Restaurants-wp_20160623_13_38_29_pro.jpg  

Old Jun 28th 2016, 2:08 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Good News for 19H

Amalia has told me that from 1 July, it will open at 12:30 .. the Menu dal dia is 8.50 Eur.Starter Main course, desert + drink. A la carte menu as well. As we've seen in an earlier post they post the menu on facebook

Jon
Old Jul 5th 2016, 8:22 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Good News for 19H

Amalia has told me that from 1 July, it will open at 12:30 .. the Menu dal dia is 8.50 Eur.Starter Main course, desert + drink. A la carte menu as well. As we've seen in an earlier post they post the menu on facebook

Jon
Oh Dear Closed today. Its Monday that they close for the day.

I spoke with JM and he was very annoyed with the town hall, delaying on the paperwork. He wants to be up and running with the summer schedule.

I dont know what is really going on behind the scenes, but this is exactly the same sort of problem happening way back in Jag's days. A non-responsive and unhelpful town hall.

It never ends. He couldn't confirm when he would re-open, fingers crossed for tomorrow

Jon
Old Jul 6th 2016, 9:12 am
BE Positive

Re 19H.

Here is a qoute from another post:

My example was the 19H and in the meeting and discussion in the bar afterwards with one of the villa owners no-one (town hall or us) knew what permission was being held up by the town hall. I suspect that I was told a bit of a porkie by JM when he told me 19H would be closed awaiting Town Hall beaurocracy. We all know how complex the situation is with 19H, so there is probably more behind the scenes here. (BTW I am now more concerned than ever that this business can succeed with the current 'system'.)

Jon
Old Jul 15th 2016, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Blanea is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the heads up on 19h such a shame, can anyone advise where the nearest good eat in Portuguese bbq is? My girls are addicted to telefrango in ayamonte but it would be nice to sit down !

Regards blanea
Old Jul 15th 2016, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blanea
Thank you for the heads up on 19h such a shame, can anyone advise where the nearest good eat in Portuguese bbq is? My girls are addicted to telefrango in ayamonte but it would be nice to sit down !

Regards blanea
Blanea There is a Telefrango next to the market in Villa Real.They have there own restaurant next door. great Chicken cheap as chips. 6.50€ for meal of the day, Which is 3 courses. Enjoy.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Blanea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Blanea There is a Telefrango next to the market in Villa Real.They have there own restaurant next door. great Chicken cheap as chips. 6.50€ for meal of the day, Which is 3 courses. Enjoy.
Thank you sounds perfect just squeezed in Three courses at lpa, so excellent as ever and for someone used to paying London prices v reasonable, but thoughts of food right now not good !
Blanea 😩
Old Jul 20th 2016, 12:19 pm
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

What a shame to see Hole 19 shut at this very busy time of the year and also the pool looking so un cared for. Does anyone know what is going on as it is now the 20th July?
Old Sep 25th 2016, 9:00 am
Just Joined

PamnRay is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just been for the 3rd time to a fairly new restaurant Meson Los Caleros. We park at the end of the solo residencia road off the first roundabout towards Ayamonte.It is then a short walk by the river,then along the road towards Ayamonte,at the junction turn right and it is on the left.
It is huge inside and very beautiful,possibly an old warehouse.
The owner speaks good English. The food is very Spanish but has some lovely salads and stews,I had the venison which was amazing. The prices are reasonable ,and all so close to Esuri.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PamnRay
We have just been for the 3rd time to a fairly new restaurant Meson Los Caleros. We park at the end of the solo residencia road off the first roundabout towards Ayamonte.It is then a short walk by the river,then along the road towards Ayamonte,at the junction turn right and it is on the left.
The owner speaks good English. The food is very Spanish but has some lovely salads and stews,I had the venison which was amazing. The prices are reasonable ,and all so close to Esuri.

Mesón Los Caleros - Restaurantes En Ayamonte | El Mundo En Tu Movil
Old Sep 25th 2016, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Dammit, just one week too late but will definitely try this on our next trip.
Thanks for the tip Pamnray
Old Sep 25th 2016, 11:20 am
BE Positive

Thanks I'd completely forgotten about this resto. We do lunch far more than dinner, so we will go there one Sunday when there are more people. We were there midweek with a family and it was quite empty. There was a stage then so maybe there is entertainment too, which would be fun.

Its on the list for our next visit soon.

Thanks again, Jon
Old Sep 25th 2016, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks I'd completely forgotten about this resto. We do lunch far more than dinner, so we will go there one Sunday when there are more people. We were there midweek with a family and it was quite empty. There was a stage then so maybe there is entertainment too, which would be fun.

Its on the list for our next visit soon.

Thanks again, Jon
Uhmmmmm. We ould be keen to try this one this coming week, but we tend to eat in the evenings. The link would suggest opening at 11.00 am till 17.00 and closed by 8.00pm. Can anyone confirm this is correct??? Knowing how late the Spanish eat, this seems a bit at odds. ? Keith
Old Sep 25th 2016, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Uhmmmmm. We ould be keen to try this one this coming week, but we tend to eat in the evenings. The link would suggest opening at 11.00 am till 17.00 and closed by 8.00pm. Can anyone confirm this is correct??? Knowing how late the Spanish eat, this seems a bit at odds. ? Keith
I think it means that it is open for lunch from 11:00 until 17:00, closed from 17:00 until 20:00 and then open until late (last guest).

Last edited by MikeJ; Sep 25th 2016 at 1:14 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, that makes sense !! The sun must have impacted on what is left of the brain. On reflection, cannot understand how I read that so incorrectly. Thanks..... keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.