Restaurants

Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Building works seem complete no vans or skips outside, all looks pristine over the fence. So I guess they could be open but they still await the paperwork from the Town Hall. However apparently the only official who can issue the licence has gone on holiday so we wait.
Opening next week.:
Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Is this official 👍👍👍👍👍👍
Old Apr 30th 2014, 8:54 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
Opening next week.:
Will the Monday Club MC keep going on at the shop? If VV opening night is next Monday 5/5 - then expect it to be mobbed at the beginning. You may need to at least have one MC at the VV if its just open!

I HOPE this is true!!

But will wait till somebody has actually stood/sat on the terrace drink in hand bought from the new bar ... overlooking the wonderful VISTA VERDE!

Jon
Old Apr 30th 2014, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Will the Monday Club MC keep going on at the shop? If VV opening night is next Monday 5/5 - then expect it to be mobbed at the beginning. You may need to at least have one MC at the VV if its just open!

I HOPE this is true!!

But will wait till somebody has actually stood/sat on the terrace drink in hand bought from the new bar ... overlooking the wonderful VISTA VERDE!

Jon
Papers being signed today
Old Apr 30th 2014, 11:15 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Papers being signed today
Fantastic, thanks! Have a drink for us! Cant wait to try it... please post when you've had that drink and we know FOR SURE that its finally open

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 30th 2014 at 11:18 am.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Fantastic, thanks! Have a drink for us! Cant wait to try it... please post when you've had that drink and we know FOR SURE that its finally open

Jon
Absolutely brill news and what great timing, as I arrive on Monday evening, so will be going straight there from the airport
Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

That info should go down under a new thread called "good news in Essuri ", it would be a change from recent events. I can't wait to read the reviews but either way I for one will be fully supporting this new business venture. I would rather spend my money supporting the very local economy in CE than in anywhere else.
Good luck to them.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyS
Absolutely brill news and what great timing, as I arrive on Monday evening, so will be going straight there from the airport
Oops maybe I got a bit overexcited....Bills post says next week, not next Monday. I'll swing by anyway
Old Apr 30th 2014, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

More good news,we see the lovely Lilian last night down the shop. She used to work at jags and when that closed was working at El limonero. She has left there and will be working at the new resto along with pedro from the golf club.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
That info should go down under a new thread called "good news in Essuri ", it would be a change from recent events. I can't wait to read the reviews but either way I for one will be fully supporting this new business venture. I would rather spend my money supporting the very local economy in CE than in anywhere else.
Good luck to them.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

I HOPE this is true!!

Jon
Hi Jon.Whether the Monday club stays at the shop will depend on the prices at THE VERDE..................
Fingers x that the prices are reasonable and food " TOP DRAWER "
Old May 1st 2014, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I could have trawled through 51 pages of comments but restaurants do change, so I thought I'd ask for current recommendations.
I have an enthusiastic steak eater coming over, so where do I take him please.

Thanks in advance to all you bon viveurs!
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I could have trawled through 51 pages of comments but restaurants do change, so I thought I'd ask for current recommendations.

I am sure you know the usual recommendations Puerta Ancha, Limonera Naval Assoc in V Real but try Chamine in Altura

The first revue is not a true representation
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...t_Algarve.html
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

There is the new and improved RES (old Argentinian) which does good steaks and also Ze da Tasca on the N125 just before Altura. They do a house special for 2 which is basically a huge slab of Beef served on a board and comes with grilled pineapple + a carving knife & fork. It is 26 Euro and depending on the size of your appetite could stretch to 3 servings. Regards Bryony
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:35 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by guesswork
I am sure you know the usual recommendations Puerta Ancha, Limonera Naval Assoc in V Real but try Chamine in Altura

The first revue is not a true representation
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...t_Algarve.html
Spoiler alert: Vegetarians skip this post!!

Just to add to the other recommendations....

Heres the best steak I (we) have eaten, so far in Tavira..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=566

Also closer on the 125 in Altura...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=714

A really 'local' place and the steak for 2 is worth it.

I haven't tried it yet, but many have recommended 'steak on a stone' in Os Arcos, VRSA sort of opposite the yacht club.

I dont know if this is still on the special menu but we had an excellent steak in the O infante 2 (Panoramico) great views too

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=657

Casa Luciano also does a good steak, if you want a posh meal. (Opposite the Ayamonte Central hotel ex Don Diego)

Also recommended on the forum (but yet to try) the old Argentinean Steak house on the right on the hill just before La Plaza. New ownership.

Plenty of choice!

Have fun and if VV is open when you are there, please post your impressions of the changes made...

Bon apetit

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.