British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Restaurants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/restaurants-617758/)

Jon-Bxl Apr 30th 2010 8:52 am

Re: Restaurants

Originally Posted by MikeCol (Post 8532581)
Hi Jon, yes that is the one. We also went to a restaurant in Isla Cristina a couple of weeks ago after finding it recomended on the internet. Its called 'Restaurante-Casa Rufino' and is one of the best we have tried in this area. If you just head for the beach it is on the left hand side just as you come to the beachfront. I wouldn't call it cheap, but for a special occasion its worth a visit. Will no doubt see you around during your next visit, regards Bryony.

Hi Bryony - hmmm looking forward to it... all the stomach juices are flowing - I lost 4 pounds in the first week and the next weekly weigh in is next Monday... hoping for 6 in all by then, and nearly half way - all this 'resto-talk' is giving me heaven and hell! Heaven as Ive got a lot to look forward too - hell as its tempting to crack open a cold beer and nip down the local resto for a nosh-up! (diet = no booze either ... hell :) )

Ive got an open email with cut'n'pastes of al the restos so far on the thread that we havent tried - just added yours. Then Ill email myself.

See you soon in our intercomunity...
All the best
Jon
Jon

sunshine sue Apr 30th 2010 10:10 am

[QUOTE=Jon-Bxl;8532573]Hi Sorry to sound silly but - if its in VILLA NOVA DE CACELA (inland) then I dont see how there can be a sea view from the terrace (that I saw on another post) - whereas CACELA VELHA (a beautiful little village) would have sea views.

Jon I do not tell lies,
believe me you can see the sea.
I understand your confusion as I also believed the park would be the wrong side of the road for sea views.

We will definitely be there Sunday again for the barbeque after a swim in the pool whilst enjoying the sea view all for 7euros.

Sue

Jon-Bxl Apr 30th 2010 10:26 am

[QUOTE=sunshine sue;8532712]

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 8532573)
Hi Sorry to sound silly but - if its in VILLA NOVA DE CACELA (inland) then I dont see how there can be a sea view from the terrace (that I saw on another post) - whereas CACELA VELHA (a beautiful little village) would have sea views.

Jon I do not tell lies,
I understand your confusion as I also believed the park would be the wrong side of the road for sea views.

We will definitely be there Sunday again for the barbeque after a swim in the pool whilst enjoying the sea view all for 7euros.

Sue

Hi Sue

Thanks for the clarification - Sounds like Sunday is BBQ day - and the rest are normal resto menus.... will definately give it a try - thanks

BTW I would never , even dream, that you are telling porkies... oh no I just said 'pork' - cant get food out of my mind :)

Jon

sunshine sue Apr 30th 2010 10:34 am

[QUOTE=Jon-Bxl;8532735]

Originally Posted by sunshine sue (Post 8532712)

Hi Sue

Thanks for the clarification - Sounds like Sunday is BBQ day - and the rest are normal resto menus.... will definately give it a try - thanks

BTW I would never , even dream, that you are telling porkies... oh no I just said 'pork' - cant get food out of my mind :)

Jon

That"s ok,
hope you enjoy
Oh by the way the PORK in mushroom sauce is good.

Sue

Jur Apr 30th 2010 12:44 pm

There´s also a crafts fair on Saturday at Sergio & Nicol´s place, the reason for the seaviews is because the restaurant is on a hill.............

Teed Up Apr 30th 2010 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 8531662)
We have never had a problem parking around the hotel, in fact its the place we always leave our car - no meters - (theres also a free car park just over the road and next to the Marina).. then its a short stroll into town.

We always park that end of town,either past Eroski oppisite the Zoo and park.or over the road behind the shops and flats,along the marina side. No meters and a nice walk into town,Plus no irritating Parking Marshalls!!,not that i pay them when i do park near them?.

Ken.

Ears332205 Apr 30th 2010 2:34 pm

[QUOTE=sunshine sue;8532712]

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 8532573)
Hi Sorry to sound silly but - if its in VILLA NOVA DE CACELA (inland) then I dont see how there can be a sea view from the terrace (that I saw on another post) - whereas CACELA VELHA (a beautiful little village) would have sea views.

Jon I do not tell lies,

Sue

Sounds good :sneaky:

sunshine sue Apr 30th 2010 2:36 pm

[QUOTE=Ears332205;8533096]

Originally Posted by sunshine sue (Post 8532712)

Sounds good :sneaky:

would be even better if you were there too

Suex

Jon-Bxl May 1st 2010 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Teed Up (Post 8533001)
We always park that end of town,either past Eroski oppisite the Zoo and park.or over the road behind the shops and flats,along the marina side. No meters and a nice walk into town,Plus no irritating Parking Marshalls!!,not that i pay them when i do park near them?.

Ken.

Hi Ken great minds think alike - and of course one is right next to El Baario for a drink!!

Jon

Jon-Bxl May 1st 2010 1:38 pm

[QUOTE=sunshine sue;8532742]

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 8532735)
That"s ok,
hope you enjoy
Oh by the way the PORK in mushroom sauce is good.

Sue

I take it all back, Sue, you are after all ' 'telling' porkies'

:):)

EsuriJohn May 1st 2010 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Teed Up (Post 8533001)

Ken.

I don't pay either and we always park that end as well.

EsuriJohn May 1st 2010 6:36 pm

[quote=Jon-Bxl;8535000]

Originally Posted by sunshine sue (Post 8532742)

We went to visit a friend in that neck of the woods today and lo and behold there was a good sea view but about 5k away.

olivia May 1st 2010 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 8535414)
I don't pay either and we always park that end as well.

Off the food topic... but I fear they will dammage the hire car if we don't pay.
We either sneak on when they are not there or go in the Car Park or walk from the Bus Station area. Why are they still there now it is pay and display? The Police should shift them.

olivia May 1st 2010 6:58 pm

[QUOTE=John & Kath;8535421]

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 8535000)
We went to visit a friend in that neck of the woods today and lo and behold there was a good sea view but about 5k away.

we have friends up in the hills above Tavira. Fantastic infinity view of the sea from their Villa. Amazing.

olivia May 1st 2010 7:00 pm

[QUOTE=Jon-Bxl;8535000]

Originally Posted by sunshine sue (Post 8532742)

What didn't measure up? Sea View or Pork?